NWAG Undergraduate female students scholarship is designed to support undergraduate female students in Nigeria by providing financial assistance to pursue their studies at any Nigerian university.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) is a group of accomplished professionals from various fields who have come together with the common goal of enhancing the lives and well-being of the less fortunate in their communities, both in Nigeria and in Georgia, while also preserving the cultural heritage of Nigeria.
NWAG’s mission is to empower, culturally enrich, and educate women, youth, and children in both their local community and Nigeria, promoting unity and excellence in their collective efforts.
Since its establishment as a non-profit organization in 2000, NWAG has made a positive impact on the lives of young people, women, and children in Atlanta, Georgia, and Nigeria.
Each year, NWAG awards 37 scholarships, one for each state of origin in Nigeria and one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). These scholarships are one-time awards, aimed at helping the recipients achieve their academic goals.
NWAG Undergraduate female students scholarship
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) is offering 37 one-time scholarships, with one scholarship available per state of origin and one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). Each scholarship is worth Three Hundred U.S. Dollars ($300) or 124,500 Nigerian Naira. The scholarships are open to undergraduate female students studying in Nigerian universities.
Required documents for the NWAG Undergraduate female students scholarship
To be considered for the NWAG Scholarships, applicants must submit the following documents:
- A letter of proof of state of origin from the university or a letter from the applicant’s local government office.
- Two letters of recommendation from a church pastor/mosque imam, village head, local government chairperson, or lecturer.
- One letter of recommendation from either the Dean of the applicant’s faculty/school or their Head of Department.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s current university student identification card.
- Additional required documents
- A recent photograph of the applicant.
- A written explanation (not exceeding half a page) of why the applicant needs and deserves the scholarship.
- A two-page, double-spaced, typed essay on the topic: “How can you creatively use your future degree to become an entrepreneur in Nigeria?”
Prospective applicants who are interested in applying for the NWAG Undergraduate female students scholarship can visit the NWAG website to download the application form. The completed application form must be submitted by May 30. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Below is the scholarship’s official page.