Nigeria LNG Limited is dedicated to promoting education through various initiatives, one of which is the scholarship program. The four-tier NLNG undergraduate scholarship program is designed to foster human capital development and support high-achieving students, graduates, and professionals.
NLNG undergraduate scholarship
The NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship was established in 1998 to support the education of students in the company’s host communities and later opened up to students from across Nigeria in 2003.
To date, the program has benefited 2,833 undergraduates from various universities in Nigeria, with a total investment of over N600 million.
In 2012, the introduction of online applications and the use of social media (Facebook) for information dissemination made the selection process more efficient and cost-effective, while also raising awareness.
The scholarship value has been increased from N100,000 to N300,000 per recipient per academic year, and it covers the duration of the student’s course.
The NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme is now accepting applications for the current session. Founded in 1998 as a key component of the education intervention program for its host communities, the scholarship was later expanded to include students from all over Nigeria. Learn how to apply for the NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship.
Requirements for NLNG undergraduate scholarship
To be eligible for the NLNG Scholarship Scheme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time registered undergraduate in a recognized Nigerian university.
- Be a certified 100-level or 200-level student at the time of application.
- Have proof of SSCE or equivalent certificate.
- Have a copy of their Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) score.
- Have an admission letter from the university, including the matriculation number.
- Show proof of A-level or equivalent certificate (for direct entry students).
Note: All applications are to be completed online.
Additional information for the NLNG undergraduate scholarship
- Applicants with a UTME score less than 200 are not eligible to apply.
- Students with a CGPA of less than 2.50 on a 5-point scale or equivalent are not eligible to apply.
- Students in their 300-level or above are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who are currently receiving similar awards from any other company or government agency are not eligible to apply.
- The parents of applicants must not be employed by NLNG.
Documentation required for the NLNG scholarship scheme
Candidates of the NLNG undergraduate scholarship who meet the eligibility criteria must provide the following personal and educational information, along with scanned copies of the following documents:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, with a size not exceeding 200 kilobytes.
- An admission letter from the university or JAMB (UTME or D/E).
- The candidate’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) score.
- O’ Level results and A-Level/OND/NCE results, as applicable.
- A letter of identification from the state of origin, indicating the applicant’s local government of origin.
NLNG undergraduate scholarship application process
- Visit the NLNG official website.
- Navigate to the “CSR” menu and select “Education”.
- Under “Education”, click on “Scholarship”.
- Find the “NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship” under the “NLNG Scholarship Scheme”.
- Fill in the required information and upload the necessary documents.
- Submit the application by clicking the “Submit Application” button.
Read also: Nigerians can now study in Egypt for free
The deadline for submitting applications will be made available on this blog once it has been officially announced by NLNG.
Read also: Mobil undergrad scholarship Nigeria