The Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship was established in 1998 and is fully funded by Mr. Jim Ovia. Its purpose is to provide financial assistance to exceptional Nigerian youth. Previously known as the MUSTE scholarship, the program covers the cost of undergraduate education for eligible recipients, including tuition and living expenses.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Each year, an average of 100 new scholarships are offered, with renewals available for previous recipients who meet the program’s requirements. Mr. Ovia has invested over 100 million Naira into the program since October 2010, supporting over 1,500 beneficiaries to date.
How to apply for the Jim Ovia Scholarship
To apply for the Jim Ovia scholarship in 2023/2024, please follow these steps:
- Visit the official website at https://www.jimoviafoundation.org/scholarship.
- If you are a new applicant, click on the “Create Account” or “Register Now” button.
- If you are a returning applicant, click on the “Login” button.
Registration for the Jim Ovia Scholarship is currently underway, and all eligible students are invited to apply on the online portal.
To make a successful application, you will need:
- A device with internet access (laptop or mobile)
- A reliable internet connection
- Scanned copies of the required documents.
Eligibility and requirement
A total of 100 scholarships are awarded annually from a pool of eligible applicants. Recipients are selected based on their intellectual ability, leadership potential, and commitment to making a positive impact on society and improving the lives of others.
Below are the requirements for Jim Ovia Scholarship Applicants:
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Must demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities.
- Must possess strong intellectual abilities.
- Must have a selfless commitment to serving society.
- Must be a graduate or undergraduate student in a recognized university in Nigeria.
Note that students at the 200 level and above (300, 400, and 500 levels) are eligible to apply for the Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship.
Financial benefits of the Jim Ovia Scholarship
Successful applicants of the Jim Ovia Scholarship will receive an annual award of 150,000 Naira.
The duration of the award will span the length of the recipient’s study program. For example, if the study program is 6 years, the award will be given for 6 years, and if the program is 4 years, the award will be given for 4 years.
Recipients of the scholarship will be fully supported for their undergraduate or graduate study program for a designated period. This support includes coverage of tuition fees and a fixed allowance for living expenses.
Application deadline for the Jim Ovia Scholarship
The deadline for applications is February.
Make sure to thoroughly read the scholarship application guide before submitting your application to avoid any errors.
Read also: Guinness scholarships for undergraduate Nigerians.