NGO scholarship in Nigeria provide financial assistance to students in order to support their education, and are typically granted based on academic or other accomplishments. In Nigeria, NGO scholarships are generally distributed according to specific criteria, such as academic excellence, promoting diversity and inclusion, or addressing financial needs.
NGO scholarship in Nigeria
If you’re in search of financial aid for your educational goals or require monetary support for a school project but don’t know where to turn, this article could be an excellent starting point for you. Below is the best NGO scholarship in Nigeria:
1. Rochas Okorocha Foundation Scholarship
Rochas Okorocha Foundation Scholarship offers scholarships to five undergraduate students from each state in Nigeria. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for these Nigerian NGO Scholarships.
- To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must have scored 250 or higher in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Candidates who have already been admitted to other universities must submit a request for a change of institution to Eastern Palm University
The WAAW Foundation annually awards NGO scholarship in Nigeria to students demonstrating financial need and enrolled full-time in a STEM-related field at an African university.
Recipients will be required to establish a STEM Outreach Chapter at their institution.
Before applying, kindly review the eligibility requirements. Ineligible applications will be automatically discarded! Eligibility criteria include:
- Female students of African origin, residing and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S. degree program.
- Pursuing a STEM-related course at a university or college in Africa.
- Evidence of financial need.
- Exceptional academic performance.
- Demonstrated leadership, volunteer work, and community service.
- Age 32 or younger.
- Only first and second-year students may apply, as well as third-year students in a five-year program.
3. Nigerian Women’s Academic Grant (NWAG) for Undergraduate Female Students
This grant provides 200 dollars to each eligible Nigerian female undergraduate student attending a Nigerian university or tertiary institution.
- All applicants must be female.
- All applicants must be Nigerian undergraduate students pursuing any field of study.
The CRV AmBreed Awards, offered by a Nigerian non-governmental organization, cater to students passionate about pursuing a degree in Agriculture. The aim is to support and motivate scholars in this field.
Tony Elumelu Foundation NGO scholarship in Nigeria offers a unique combination of business education, mentorship, and financial support, with a scholarship amount of $5,000.
- Applicants must be of African descent.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicants must possess innovative business ideas, and their businesses should have been operational for a minimum of 3 years.
- Applicants must have the legal rights to operate their businesses in an African country.
Offered by MTN Nigeria, the MTN Scholarship targets 2nd-year and 3rd-year university students in Nigeria. As one of the most well-known NGO scholarships in the country, it provides financial support of 200,000 Naira annually to students across various disciplines.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens studying in Nigeria.
- Applicants must be undergraduate students in either their 2nd or 3rd year of study.
- Applicants must have a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or higher or its equivalent.
The Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation, which is deeply committed to education and health, has collaborated with the Venezuelan Embassy in Abuja to offer NGO scholarship in Nigeria for 50 undergraduate students to study medicine at the Latin American School of Medicine.
- All applicants must hold Nigerian citizenship.
- All applicants should demonstrate academic excellence, particularly in the West African Examination Council (WAEC) and National Examinations Council (NECO) exams. High scores in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry are advantageous
- Age requirement: Applicants must be between 18 and 23 years old.
- All applicants must be unmarried.
- Applicants should be in good medical condition.
The Allex Otti Foundation Scholarship is dedicated to providing promising young individuals with academic opportunities. This program is specifically designed for exceptional individuals who demonstrate potential for future leadership within Abia State. It offers financial assistance to students attending tertiary institutions in Nigeria, helping them offset the costs of their education.
- Current students enrolled in a government-owned university in Nigeria at the 200 Level.
- Applicants must have maintained a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5.
9. Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program
David Oyedepo Foundation NGO scholarship in Nigeria aims to provide opportunities for talented and gifted African students who have demonstrated exceptional academic prowess, enabling them to pursue undergraduate degrees at two of Nigeria’s top universities.
This initiative offers individuals the chance to enhance their leadership potential, addressing the evident lack of strong leaders in today’s society through annual programs and involvement in community development projects.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of any African country.
- Age range for eligibility is 18 to 25 years old at the time of application submission.
- All applicants must be eligible to secure a Nigerian student visa.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English is required.
- A history of outstanding performance in secondary school is necessary for all applicants.
This scholarship offers full tuition coverage for students currently enrolled in Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics. We also encourage applications from learners residing in our host communities.
- The scholarship is open to students pursuing the following fields of study: Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Laboratory Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Marketing & Sales, Accounting, and Human Resources/Industrial and Labour Relations.
- Applicants must be in their first or second year of study at Nigerian Universities or Polytechnics.
The Jim Ovia Foundation, a devoted non-governmental organization, aims to support financially disadvantaged young Africans in achieving their educational dreams.
To fulfill this objective, the foundation has collaborated with the Africa-America Institute. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, and other allowances.
- Exceptional academic record
- Must be of African nationality
- Demonstration of financial need
12. OPM Oversea Scholarship
The OPM Scholarships are a series of scholarship programs initiated by Apostle Dr. Chibuzor Gift Chinyere, the founder and general overseer of Omega Power Ministry (OPM).
These international scholarships are funded by the OPM Foundation, a non-governmental organization in Nigeria, established by the OPM founder and overseer.
Over the years, OPM has provided various scholarships for students to pursue their education in different countries. The OPM Foundation offers scholarships for study in destinations such as Cyprus, Dubai, Turkey, Australia, Canada, and numerous other countries across and beyond Africa.
Is an application fee required for NGO Scholarships?
There is no need to spend money to apply for any scholarship program in Nigeria. While each program has distinct criteria, money is not, and should never be, one of them.
It’s illogical for someone to promise you financial support and then request you to pay a fee to become eligible for the promised sum – that would be a scam.
Conclusion on NGO scholarship in Nigeria
If you are a Nigerian student without sufficient funds to further your education, don’t lose hope. Instead, focus on studying hard and achieving high grades.
Be sure to apply for one of the scholarship programs, but first, verify your eligibility status before selecting the program that best suits your aspirations.