The Gujarat state government has recently designed the Laptop Scholarship for college students in Gujarat (Sahay Yojana Gujarat) to provide various incentives to its citizens. This scholarship scheme distributes free laptops to needy students across the state.
Gujarat is taking a step forward to support its students who faced difficulties in attending classes during the pandemic without access to laptops. The implementation of this scheme will provide the students in Gujarat with the opportunity to receive a free laptop in 2021.
This article will provide comprehensive information about the Laptop Sahay Yojana Gujarat, including its benefits, objectives, details, features, key points, eligibility criteria, required documents, registration process, the application process, and helpline number.
What is laptop scholarship for college students in Gujarat?
Gujarat State Government launched the Laptop Sahay Yojana, a state-wide initiative to assist underprivileged and needy students. The government aims to provide free laptops to all the residents of Gujarat.
This laptop scholarship for college students in Gujarat is in response to the difficulty faced by many poor students in the state, who are unable to attend online classes due to a lack of laptops.
The main features of this scholarship are:
- The government is offering a loan with a low-interest rate of 6%.
- The loan amount must be repaid in 60 monthly installments.
- If payments are not made on time, a penalty of 2.5% will be added to the existing interest rate.
- The laptop comes with Tally accounting software and GST software pre-installed at no cost.
- The Gujarat State Scheduled Caste Development Corporation Gandhinagar is providing financial assistance to SC students in the state to purchase laptops.
Laptop Scholarship for college students in Gujarat
Laptop Sahay Yojana was launched by the Gujarat State Government in the year 2020.
The beneficiaries of this scheme are poor students who are eligible to receive a free laptop. The application process for this scheme is done online and is currently available for students to apply. Here is their official website.
Benefit of Laptop Sahay Yojana Gujarat
Under the laptop scholarship for college students in Gujarat scheme, the state will offer financial assistance of Rs. 40,000 to each student selected to purchase a laptop. Out of the total sum, Rs. 38,000 will be allocated for the laptop itself and the remaining Rs. 2,000 will be provided for other expenses.
With this financial aid of Rs. 40,000, the underprivileged and deserving students of the state will have access to a high-quality laptop with the latest technology, free of charge.
This scholarship program will be a great motivator for these students and will help to alleviate the financial burden of purchasing a laptop. In India, laptops typically cost between Rs. 15,000 to 20,000, but with this Rs. 40,000 assistance, the students will be able to buy laptops and other essential items.
Before applying for this scheme online, all students must review the eligibility criteria, which include:
- Being a permanent resident of Gujarat state.
- Belonging to the Scheduled Caste for eligibility for the laptop scheme.
- Having an age between 18 to 30 years.
- Possessing a minimum educational qualification of a 12th pass from a recognized school or college.
- The student’s family should not have taken any loans from government or semi-government banks in Gujarat.
- The family members of the applicant should not hold any government or semi-government office positions.
- The annual family income should not exceed Rs. 3 lahks.
Documents requirements for Gujarat free laptop scholarship
Before applying for the Laptop Sahay Yojana Gujarat online, all eligible applicants must familiarize themselves with the list of important required documents, which include:
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of identity
- Proof of residency
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Caste certificate
- Proof of age
- Income certificate
- Bank account information
- Passport-sized photo
- Phone number
How to apply for Gujarat laptop scholarship for college students
To apply and register for the online portal of Gujarat Scheduled Caste Development Gandhinagar, eligible students who have all the required documents must follow these steps:
- Visit the official website at https://gscdc.apphost.in/Account/Registration or click on the provided link.
- On the homepage, you will see an application form.
- If you have previously registered, click on the login option. If you are a new user, fill out the application form with care, providing your valid email address, mobile number, password, etc.
- Enter the captcha code and click on “Submit”.
- After entering your basic information, you can fill out the application form with your necessary details.
- Upload all required documents such as your signature, identity proof, income certificate, caste certificate, age proof, etc.
- Fill in other important details such as your district name, taluka name, village name, and pin code.
- Indicate your educational qualifications and choose your laptop company.
- Confirm your application to complete the process.
How to contact
(079)23257552 (11:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday)
Who is eligible for this laptop scholarship
Students in the SC category are eligible to apply for this scheme.
Read also: Air India aviation scholarship