The United Arab Emirates University PhD scholarship exists to attract accomplished graduate students in selected majors to the UAEU. This scholarship opportunity offers you comprehensive and continuous financial support for your graduate studies at UAEU.
United Arab Emirates University PhD scholarship requirements
The selection for the PhD Scholarship Awards is competitive, based on various criteria such as your GPA, journal publications, conference presentations, patents, GRE score, recommendation letters, and the institution you graduated from. You are required to provide copies of all relevant credentials during your application process.
- A GPA of ≥ 3.5/4.0 in your Master’s degree.
- Employment or any other financial sponsorship.
- Your dissertation should be in one of the UAE priority sectors (Renewable Energy, Transportation, Health, Water, Technology, Space).
- Meet the PhD admission requirements
Benefits of United Arab Emirates University PhD scholarship
- Full tuition waiver
- A monthly stipend
- Health insurance (if required)
- Bonus: You can get up to AED 3,000 from your supervisor’s external research project, or,
- Up to AED 2,000 from your supervisor’s internal research project.
The duration of the United Arab Emirates University PhD scholarship is 4 years.
Your responsibilities and expectations
- You need to maintain a GPA ≥ 3.3 at the PhD level.
- Enroll full-time (a minimum of 9 credits/semester) at the PhD level.
- You need to be available at UAEU full-time.
You should commit to a minimum of 40 hours/week on courses and/or research project throughout the year.
How to apply for United Arab Emirates University PhD scholarship
- Complete the Admission application here.
The deadline for scholarship applications aligns with the admission application deadline for the graduate program.
- College of Graduate Studies
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +971 3 713 4048
Read also: Emirates Aviation University scholarship