If you are Pakistani like me studying at the University of Melbourne, you can take advantage of the University of Melbourne scholarships for Pakistani students to study for free. This scholarship will help you to stop taking part-time jobs and focus on your study only.
University of Melbourne scholarships for Pakistani students
International undergraduate students studying at the University of Melbourne are eligible for this scholarship.
There is no need to submit an application for this scholarship award by the University of Melbourne, as you will be considered automatically if you qualify.
The scholarship provides fee remission.
The scholarship is open to international students.
Applicable study areas
All study areas are eligible for the scholarship.
Number of scholarships awarded
Roughly 1000 scholarships are granted to different people, including Pakistanis.
Eligibility criteria for University of Melbourne scholarship
In order to be considered for these University of Melbourne scholarships for Pakistani students, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand, and cannot be a permanent resident of Australia. That means that you qualify as a Pakistani.
- You must have completed secondary school outside of Australia or a foundation program in Australia.
- You must have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course at the University of Melbourne.
- You must have a top 3% secondary school result, as demonstrated by:
- GCE A-levels: at least three A* grades with numerical scores, and an average result of 93% or higher in the best three subjects.
- Most Australian Foundation Studies: an overall result of 98% or higher.
- International Baccalaureate (IB): a score of 42 or higher (completed at a secondary school outside of Australia).
- US High School: a GPA of 3.9 or higher, combined with SAT score of 1500 or higher, or an ACT score of 31 or higher.
- Canada Secondary School: an overall score of 97% or higher.
- India Secondary School (CBSE, ISCE, or State Board Exam): an overall score of 95% or higher.
- Vietnam High School: an overall Year 12 GPA of 9.0 or higher.
- You must not have previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program).
For further information regarding undergraduate admission requirements and eligibility criteria for the Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships based on your country and type of high school qualifications, please contact the Offshore Recruitment Team.
This scholarship and its benefits are awarded to qualified applicants who demonstrate academic excellence and are ranked based on their previous academic performance.
Terms and conditions
The scholarship may be postponed to the next academic year and is governed by the Terms and Conditions of the Coursework Scholarship
When can I expect to find out the results?
The results of your scholarship application will be communicated to you on a rolling basis. If you are not selected, you will not receive any notification.
What are the advantages?
This scholarship offers one of the following options:
- A $10,000 reduction in tuition fees in the first year of an undergraduate program
- A 50% reduction in fees for the entire three-year duration of an undergraduate program, or
- A full 100% waiver of fees for the three-year duration of an undergraduate program
Read also: scholarship for Pakistanis in the US