If you are looking for a free laptop scholarship, you are in the right place. Also, you will agree that many of the sites you come across either lie about giving free laptops or end up not saying what you really want. But don’t worry – this list includes real organizations that actually give free laptops.
Moreover, we have carefully made this list from real people’s experiences. That is to say that the selections in this list are encouraged by people who have either been given the laptop scholarship or know someone who has.
Best Free Laptop Scholarship Program
Nothing further to say – just go ahead and pick the scholarship that you are eligible for from this list of free laptop scholarships:
1. MCAD Laptop Scholarship
The Minneapolis College of Art and Design (MCAD) offers a Laptop Scholarship for undergraduate students who apply early. If you submit your undergraduate application along with all supporting materials, including the FAFSA, by MCAD’s Early Action Deadline, you become eligible for this scholarship. The scholarship provides a free MacBook computer configured by MCAD to admitted undergraduate students when they enroll at the college.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Must apply by the Early Action Deadline.
- Must be admitted to MCAD in the BFA and BS programs.
- Must complete required enrollment authorization and have all tuition balances paid in full by the deadlines.
- Must attend classes and remain enrolled during the posted add/drop period.
Note: The scholarship covers the full cost of an MCAD-configured laptop computer and cannot be used for any other purposes or to purchase a laptop outside of MCAD.
Application Website: MCAD Laptop Scholarship
2. Computers 4 People College-Bound Laptop Scholarship
Computers 4 People offers the College-Bound Laptop Scholarship to high school seniors who are financially in need and planning to attend college. This scholarship aims to close the gap between high school and college by providing free refurbished Windows 10 laptops.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Must be a high school student graduating currently.
- Must be attending college.
- Family/student cannot afford a laptop for college.
- Must be located in New Jersey or New York City.
- Fill out an individual application.
- Include a recommendation letter from a teacher or counselor.
- The teacher or counselor uploads their recommendation letter through the automatic email.
- Decision will be sent via email by May 19th.
- Free laptop will be delivered to the high school in coordination with the recommender.
- Up to 10 scholars will be picked per high school.
Application Deadline: May 12th, 11:59 pm
Application Website: Computers 4 People College-Bound
3. Laptops 4 Learning (L4L)
Another free laptop scholarship is Laptops 4 Learning (L4L), a nonprofit organization with a mission to provide laptop computers to economically disadvantaged students from kindergarten through college, as well as military service veterans. They believe that laptops are a necessity for education and opportunities in today’s world.
What They Do:
- Provide laptops to narrow the digital divide among socio-economically disadvantaged students.
- Collaborate with school districts, colleges, community organizations, churches, and veteran groups.
- Offer opportunities for individuals, corporations, and community services to get involved through donations and volunteering.
- Equal opportunity to learn through technology.
- Access to opportunities for a better future and life outcome.
- Increased chances of student success.
- Address: 2320 E Baseline Rd, Ste 148-117, Phoenix, AZ 85042-6951
- Tel: 602-358-6649
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Laptops 4 Learning
4. PM National Laptop Scheme
The PM National Laptop Scheme is an initiative by the government to provide laptops to students in Pakistan. The scheme aims to enhance the scope of research and quality education among students and increase access to information technology.
How to apply for free laptop scholarship
- Students are advised to apply online by registering or updating their profile at the Students’ Service Portal.
- Detailed information regarding eligibility and application procedures can be found on the portal.
- Head Office, Sector H-9, East Service Road, Islamabad
- Phone: UAN: (051) 111-119-432
This scheme is part of the government’s efforts to promote education and technological advancement among the youth, ensuring that they have the necessary tools to succeed in their academic pursuits.
Application Website: PM National Laptop Scheme
5. Overtown Children and Youth Coalition Laptop Scholarship Program
The Overtown Children and Youth Coalition (OCYC) has launched a Laptop Scholarship program, a vital initiative designed to bridge the “digital divide” and provide essential technology to students who might otherwise lack access. Recognizing that owning a laptop is no longer a luxury but a necessity in today’s digital age, OCYC is committed to aiding students from Pre-K to College.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Present/Past OCYC Youth Commissioners.
- Direct referrals from Organizations operating within Overtown.
- Residents of the Overtown Community.
- Complete the online application form.
- Applications will be reviewed by OCYC’s Team and Accountability Committee.
- Awardees will be contacted to arrange delivery of the laptops.
- Application Period: August 14 – October 31st.
- Awarded applications will be notified via phone or email on or before October 31st.
Application Website: Overtown Children and Youth Coalition Laptop Scholarship Program
6. Carolina Computing Initiative Laptop Grant
If you school at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, this free laptop scholarship is for you. The Carolina Computing Initiative (CCI) laptop grant to support undergraduate students enrolling at Carolina for the first time. This grant aims to ensure that students with financial needs have access to the standard CCI laptop package.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Must be an undergraduate student with no prior Bachelor degree.
- Must be enrolling at Carolina for the first time.
- Must be eligible for federal student aid.
- Must have applied for financial aid by the deadline.
- Must complete the CSS Profile application by the financial aid deadline.
- The grant amount varies based on individual student’s documented need.
- Many students will qualify to receive a full grant, making the laptop package free.
- The grant includes software, a security lock, and four years of warranty and insurance coverage.
- No cash will be given; the grant is a credit valid only at UNC Student Stores for the standard CCI laptop package.
- Optional accessories like a printer, backpack, or external mouse are not covered.
- If you leave the University before graduation, you must either pay back the grant and keep the laptop or return the laptop and lose your additional investment.
Application Website: Carolina Computing Initiative Laptop Grant
7. CARES Laptop Scholarship
The CARES Laptop Scholarship is a program designed to provide laptop computers to students to facilitate instruction and enhance achievement. This scholarship is separate from other services provided by the college, such as the laptop loan scheme.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Students must understand that they are responsible for the laptop computer issued to them.
- They must care for the equipment to prevent loss or damage.
- The laptop should never be left inside a vehicle to avoid damage or theft.
- Students are responsible for any damages, abuse of the laptop, or failure to follow technology-acceptable use policies.
- In the event of damage, loss, or theft, students must contact the proper authorities.
- Students are responsible for any data corruption or configuration errors caused by unauthorized or illegal software.
- Students must back up all data on the laptop, as the institution is not liable for lost data.
Application Process for Free Laptop Scholarship:
- Fill out the request form in its entirety to request consideration for the CARES Laptop Scholarship.
- The form also serves as the equipment release of liability if selected to receive a laptop.
- Return the completed form to email@example.com.
- Submission of the form does not guarantee eligibility to receive a laptop from this program.
Application Form: CARES Laptop Scholarship Request Form
8. Higher Education Grants, Scholarships, and Incentives for Chickasaw Nation Residents
The Chickasaw Nation offers a comprehensive program providing higher education grants, scholarships, and incentives to Chickasaw college students each semester. These opportunities are designed to assist with the cost of tuition, books, fees, and other educational expenses.
- Must be a Chickasaw citizen.
- Various GPA requirements depend on the specific grant or scholarship.
- Higher Education Grants: Awarded to undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral students with a 2.0 GPA or higher.
- General Scholarship: For students taking three or more credit hours with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Governor’s, Lt. Governor’s, and Legislator’s Scholarship: For high school seniors with a GPA of 3.85 or higher.
- Inter-Tribal Council of the Five Civilized Tribes Johnson-O’Malley Scholarship: For one male and one female graduating high school senior within the Chickasaw Nation boundaries.
- Fee Assistance Grant: For students attending three credit hours or more with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Textbook Grant: For higher education students with at least a 2.0 GPA.
- Laptop Scholarship: For full-time students (sophomore level or higher) with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- License and Certification Fee Assistance Program: Provides assistance with license and certification fees.
- College Graduation Fee Reimbursement: Assists with graduation expenses.
- Degree Completion Incentive: Awarded to students who complete a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Major and School Specific Scholarships: Various scholarships in partnership with specific universities and programs.
- Apply online through the Chickasaw Nation website.
- Provide transcripts, schedules, and other required documents depending on the specific grant or scholarship.
Application Website: Chickasaw Nation Higher Education Grants, Scholarships, and Incentives
9. SUPPORT STUDENT SUCCESS at Portland State University (PSU)
Portland State University (PSU) emphasizes private support to empower students, transforming their lives and enriching the community. Here’s how your support can make a difference:
- Financial Aid: 65% of PSU students receive financial aid, making education accessible.
- First-Generation College Students: 46% are the first in their family to attend college.
- Local Impact: 80% of students are from Oregon.
Your Gift Supports:
- Minimizing Financial Barriers: Helps students pursue a PSU education.
- Providing Pathways to Success: Supports hard-working students.
- Funding Initiatives: Identifies and supports at-risk students.
- Scholarships: Ensures accessibility to deserving students.
- Basic Needs: Provides mentorship, cohort programs, and basic need support.
- Student Emergency Funds: Covers urgent needs like housing, food, transportation, childcare, or medical bills.
- Laptop Scholarship Program: Provided free laptop computers to nearly 300 PSU students over the last year.
- Address: 1600 SW 4th Avenue, Suite 730, Portland, OR 97201
- Phone: 503-725-4478
Website: SUPPORT STUDENT SUCCESS at PSU
10. The On It Foundation
The On It Foundation recognizes the rapid pace of technological change and the importance of computer literacy in today’s job market. They focus on preparing young people for the best jobs created in the technology age, emphasizing the need for skills like Microsoft Office proficiency, typing skills, and overall computer literacy.
What They Do:
- Computer Donations: Encourage individuals to donate computers to change lives.
- Money Donations: Accept financial contributions through PayPal.
- Sponsorship Packages: Offer various sponsorship opportunities, including robotics sponsorship.
- Goals & Outcomes: Focus on bridging the digital divide, as 23% of American homes did not own a computer in 2015.
- Address: 18520 NW 67th Avenue, Suite 186, Miami, Florida 33015
- Phone: +1 305.244.6454
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The On It Foundation is committed to ensuring that young people are equipped with the necessary technological skills to compete in the 21st-century job market.
Website: The On It Foundation
11. Computers with Causes
You can apply for Computers with Causes, a charitable organization that welcomes computer donations to help those less fortunate – call it a free laptop scholarship if you want. They accept various types of computer equipment, including laptops, tablets, desktops, servers, and even gadgets like 3D printers and drones.
What They Do:
- Computer Donations: Accepts new and used computer donations, providing tax deductions for individuals and businesses.
- Support Various Causes: Helps students, teachers, military families, foster homes, shelters, and the elderly across the USA.
- Zero-Waste Recycling: Participates in a zero-waste recycling program to ensure responsible handling of donated equipment.
- Apply for a Computer: Individuals and organizations in need can apply for a refurbished computer.
By donating to Computers with Causes, you can make a meaningful impact on the quality of life for thousands of people every year, supporting education, needy individuals, and community centers.
Website: Computers with Causes
12. PCs for People
PCs for People is a non-profit organization that has been working since 1998 to bridge the digital divide in the Upper Midwest. They offer affordable technology, including refurbished computers, to low-income individuals and non-profits, providing opportunities for education and employment.
- Refurbished Computers: PCs for People offers a variety of refurbished laptops and desktops, including brands like Dell, Lenovo, and HP. The computers are categorized by quality (Best, Better, Good) and are available at different price points.
- Free Shipping: They provide free shipping and secure shopping, ensuring accessibility to technology.
- Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher: All refurbished computers receive a new licensed copy of Windows, ensuring they are ready for use.
- Social Impact: By purchasing from PCs for People, customers contribute to their mission of digital inclusion and support for low-income communities.
- PCs for People – Headquarters
- Address: 1481 Marshall Ave, Saint Paul, MN 55104
- Contact Page
PCs for People is committed to making technology accessible to those who need it most, providing quality refurbished computers at affordable prices.
Website: PCs for People
Above are the top free laptop scholarship programs you can apply for as a student. Just make sure to pick one or ones that you know you can meet the requirements. You can always leave a comment for many other of our suggestions to help you get approved for a PC scholarship that can change your life.