It appears you have what it takes in a dynamic and exciting career in aviation in India and are prepared for the experience. So, this post will guide you on how to apply for cabin crew in Air India and get that email notification saying “Congrats, you have been hired!”
The average cabin crew member in Air India considers it a fantastic opportunity. Fortunately, the process of becoming one is not difficult at all – as long as you meet the requirements for Air India cabin crew. Let’s begin by introducing you briefly to who Air India really is.
Who is Air India?
Air India is the flag carrier airline of India, headquartered in New Delhi. It is not just an airline; it’s a symbol of Indian pride and progress. The airline prioritizes safety, punctuality, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
|October 15, 1932, as Tata Airlines (Renamed to Air India in 1946)
|Indian Airlines House, New Delhi, India
|Approximately 124 (according to India Times)
|Campbell Wilson (Chairman & MD as of 2023)
|Air India serves a total of 40 international and 46 domestic destinations (as of 2023)
|Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
How to Apply for Cabin Crew in Air India
The Air India application process can be hectic, but don’t worry – we have simplified the steps to guide you. Follow this procedure to apply for cabin crew in Air India successfully:
1. Understand the Job Requirements
Before applying for a cabin crew position, ensure you meet the minimum requirements. These include:
- You generally have to be between 18 and 27 years old. Age relaxations apply to reserved categories.
- Educational Qualification: 10+2 from a recognized Board or University.
- Physical Standards:
- Height: Minimum 158 cm for females and 172 cm for males.
- BMI: Should be as per CAR issued by the DGCA.
2. Keep Required Documents Ready
You need to have these documents at hand when you start applying:
- Updated resume
- Passport size photographs
- Educational certificates (High school and higher)
- Identification proof
- Address proof
- Experience certificates, if any
3. Apply Online
Follow these steps to apply for cabin crew in Air India online:
- Visit the Air India Cabin Crew application page.
- Look for the Cabin Crew career opportunity that you prefer.
- Click on ‘Apply Online.’
- Register (if you are a new user) by providing your email ID and creating a password. If you are an existing user, log in using your credentials.
- Fill in the application form with accurate information.
- Upload your resume, passport-size photographs, and scanned copies of your certificates.
4. Pay the Application Fee
There’s usually an application fee that can be paid online during the application process. Always check the fee amount and payment methods on the official Air India recruitment notice.
5. Review and Submit
Once you have filled in the details and uploaded all the required documents, review your application carefully. After confirming that all information is correct, submit your application.
6. Prepare for the Interview
After submitting your application, it will be reviewed by the recruitment team. If shortlisted, you will be called for a personal interview. The selection process typically includes:
- Preliminary Medical Examination.
- Personality Assessment Round (Written Test).
- Group Dynamics & Personality Assessment Test (GD & PAT).
- Final Interview Round.
7. Join the Training
If you are selected after the interview process, you will be provided a formal offer letter to join as a cabin crew member.
Once you accept the offer, there will be a mandatory training period where you learn about the safety procedures, customer service, and duties on board an aircraft.
Keep an eye on your email and the official website for updates about the recruitment process. Also, remember that the actual requirements and processes may change slightly depending on the specific recruitment drive and changes in company policy, so always check the official announcement.
Air India Cabin Crew Requirements
But before you apply for cabin crew in Air India, get to know the general requirements.
- You must have Indian nationality, in possession of a valid Indian passport, PAN card, and Aadhar card.
- For new entrants, the age requirement is between 18 and 27 years, whereas for experienced crew members, it extends up to 35 years.
- The essential educational prerequisite is the completion of class 12 from an acknowledged board or university, ensuring a minimum score of 50% marks.
- The minimum height for female Air India applicants is 155 cm.
- Weight should be proportionate to the height.
- BMI for female candidates should be within the range of 18 to 22.
- You should have a well-groomed appearance and should not have any visible tattoos when in uniform.
- Proficiency in English and Hindi is required.
- Perfect vision with a score of 6/6 is mandatory.
Meanwhile, we covered some top aviation scholarships for Indian females.
- Must be an Indian National possessing a current Indian passport, PAN card, and Aadhar card.
- Age limit: Between 18-27 years for those without experience and up to 35 years for experienced crew.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: Must have passed class 12 from a recognized board/university with at least 50% marks.
- Minimum Height Required: For males – 172 cm.
- Weight: Should be in proportion to height.
- BMI Range: For male candidates – 18 to 25.
- Well-groomed with no visible tattoos when in uniform.
- Must be fluent in both English and Hindi languages.
- Vision requirement: 6/6.
Air India Cabin Crew Salary
- Trainee Cabin Crew: When you first start as a cabin crew member in Air India, you begin as a trainee. During the training period, your salary might be approximately INR 15,000-25,000 ($200-$335) per month.
- Junior Cabin Crew: After you successfully finish your training, you become a junior cabin crew member. At this level, your salary can range from INR 35,000-50,000 ($470-$670) per month.
- Senior Cabin Crew: As you gain more experience, you can be promoted to senior cabin crew member. The salary at this level typically ranges between INR 60,000-80,000 ($800-$1070) per month.
Here’s a table reference:
|Salary Range (INR)
|Salary Range (USD)
|Trainee Cabin Crew
|Junior Cabin Crew
|Senior Cabin Crew
In addition to the basic salary, cabin crew members also receive benefits and allowances. These can include travel allowance, night layover allowance, and meal allowance, which add to the total remuneration. The total pay also varies based on the number of flights and the destinations of the flights as international flights generally pay more.
Air India Cabin Crew Interview Dates
The interview dates for the Air India cabin crew aren’t uniformly scheduled. Instead, Air India announces interview dates as per their recruitment needs. These dates are usually posted on their official website or other employment portal mentioned earlier in this article.
|Air India Website
|Various job portals (like Naukri, and Indeed)
The interviews are conducted in major cities across India such as Bangkok, Delhi, and Mumbai, so applicants should be prepared to travel for their interview. Preparation for the interview should include brushing up on your customer service skills, knowledge about the airline industry, and personal presentation.
Air India Cabin Crew Training Centre
Air India’s main cabin crew training centre is the Central Training Establishment (CTE), located in Hyderabad, India. The CTE is a renowned training centre in the airline industry and has state-of-the-art facilities for training cabin crew and other airline staff.
|Central Training Establishment
The training at CTE covers various aspects necessary for a cabin crew member, including in-flight service, passenger handling, safety procedures, and first aid.
The duration of the Air India cabin crew training depends on the specific role but typically lasts for a few months. After the training, you become eligible to start working as a junior cabin crew member.
Air India Cabin Crew Height Requirements
As mentioned earlier, the Air India cabin crew height requirement depends on your gender. If you are a male, the requirement is 172cm tall. For females, the height requirement is at least 155cm tall (some locations require up to 160cm tall).
What is the Age Limit for Cabin Crew in India?
In India, to become a cabin crew member, the age limit set by most airlines ranges between 18 to 27 years old. However, this can vary slightly based on the individual policies of different airlines. If you have prior experience in the field, some airlines might extend the upper limit. It’s best to check with the specific airline you’re interested in for the most accurate information.
General Age Limit
What is the Lowest Salary of Cabin Crew in India?
The salary for cabin crew in India can differ based on the airline and the individual’s experience level. As an entry-level cabin crew member, the salary usually starts from around 25,000 INR per month. However, this amount can significantly increase with experience and promotions.
Starting Salary for Cabin Crew
|Average Monthly Salary (INR)
|Entry-Level Cabin Crew
What is the Fees to Become Cabin Crew in India?
The cost to become a cabin crew member in India depends largely on the training institute you choose. Generally, the fees for a diploma in cabin crew training could range from 50,000 to 2,00,000 INR. This fee usually includes theoretical knowledge, practical training, and sometimes even placement assistance.
General Fee Range
|Average Fee Range (INR)
|Diploma in Cabin Crew Training
|50,000 – 2,00,000
Who Earns More Cabin Crew or Air Hostess in India?
In India, Cabin Crew and Air Hostess are often used interchangeably to refer to the same profession. However, traditionally, Cabin Crew is a gender-neutral term that includes both flight attendants (males) and air hostesses (females). To keep it simple, we’ll consider “Cabin Crew” to be inclusive of Air Hostesses.
In general, the salary of cabin crew members or air hostesses in India depends on various factors like the airline company they work for, their experience level, and additional benefits provided by the company. Here’s a rough estimation of their salary structure based on public data:
|Starting Salary per month (INR)
|Mid-Level Salary per month (INR)
|Senior Level Salary per month (INR)
|Cabin Crew/Air Hostess
|25,000 – 30,000
|50,000 – 75,000
|1,00,000 – 2,00,000
The above figures are average figures and can be different from one airline to another. Also, it doesn’t include layover allowances, free or discounted air travel, accommodation, and others which significantly increase the overall compensation package.
When just starting out, a cabin crew member or an air hostess typically earns around 25,000 to 30,000 INR per month. As they gain more experience and move to a mid-level position, the salary can increase to between 50,000 to 75,000 INR per month.
Experienced cabin crew members or air hostesses at senior levels can earn anywhere from 1,00,000 to 2,00,000 INR per month. These figures are significantly higher because they usually have additional responsibilities like supervising other staff, dealing with emergencies, and providing specialized services to passengers.
Read also: India is a country with cheap pilot training