As an offspring of an American Airlines Group team member, you have the fantastic opportunity to apply for the American Airlines Education Foundation scholarship. This esteemed foundation is delighted each year to support its team members by offering scholarships worth $2,500 to their children. If you’re a first-generation college student, there’s a bonus – a one-time additional award of $1,000.
American Airlines Education Foundation scholarship application process
Selected based on distinguished academic accomplishments, community service, leadership, and financial need, these scholarships cater to full-time undergraduate study at any accredited college, university, or vocational program globally.
In 2022 alone, over $1.2 million in scholarships were granted to 452 students.
Don’t hesitate; mark your calendar! You must submit your application, before 11:59 p.m. (CST). Just hit the ‘Apply today’ button @ https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-service/about-us/let-good-take-flight/american-airlines-education-foundation-scholarship.jsp.
Successful applicants will be notified via email.
Eligibility requirements for American Airlines Education Foundation scholarship
To qualify, you must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in a college/university, community college, or trade school for the current academic year.
- Be a dependent child of an active American Airlines Group team member who has been employed for at least a year as of February 11, 2023, and continues to be employed when the awards are announced.
- The selection committee, an independent body, will evaluate applicants depending on their country of residence.
The committee considers several factors like academic achievement, community service, participation in activities, and leadership roles.
If you’re a US applicant, financial need will also be considered, but you’ll need to submit a FAFSA.
Information about this scholarship award
- The awarded scholarship is a non-renewable sum of $2,500.
- It can only be used for expenses at accredited, non-profit US or non-US 2- or 4-year colleges/universities, and trade schools.
- The funds will be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies, and necessary course equipment.
- If you decide to transfer to another institution, rest assured – you can retain the award.
Plus, you’re welcome to reapply each year for the American Airlines Education Foundation scholarship provided you continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
Read also: AA American pilot scholarship