University of Ghana is one of the best places to study in West Africa that offer you the opportunity to reach your academic goals. With the University of Ghana scholarship for international students, you can access a wide range of subjects at no cost to you. At the same time, you’d be learning with some of the smartest and best students from all over the world in Ghana.
The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is now accepting applications for the 2022/23 Educational Pathways International (EPI) Scholarship Awards.
University of Ghana Scholarship for International students
The University of Ghana Scholarship for International students covers tuition, books, room and board, and additional expenses, and will be awarded for four years as long as the recipient maintains a minimum B CGPA (3.0 GPA).
Eligibility criteria for application:
- Enrollment as a Level 100 student.
- Residency in an economically disadvantaged area.
- Attendance at a less privileged school (GES approved).
- Demonstration of limited family income and/or insufficient funds for educational expenses.
- Possession of a strong determination to succeed, perseverance, and success in other pursuits.
- Achievement of an aggregate score of 11 or better in the WASSCE.
- Current student status with a CGPA of 3.5 (limited slots) or a female Level 300 or above continuing student with a CGPA of 3.7 (limited slots).
- No current participation in or acceptance of other scholarship programs while in the EPI program.
- Commitment to work in Ghana for at least two years upon graduation.
- Willingness to participate in internships or community service within Ghana during non-academic periods.
- Identification as a gifted student.
How to apply for University of Ghana scholarship as an international student
Submit the required essays, high school transcripts (terminal reports), WASSCE results, university acceptance letter, achievement records, recommendation letters, and documentation of financial need. Access the online application form here.
Alternatively, download and submit the completed scholarship application form.
The application deadline varies by the year, so you have to check this link https://www.ug.edu.gh/aid/epi to verify the deadline for this current year.
You can also call the Students Financial Aid Office at 020-518-6904/0302-945-312 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read also: Ghana scholarships for females only