Tony Elumelu is one of the most generous philanthropists out there in 2024. His foundation, the Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF), has supported both entrepreneurs and students looking to make a difference. Today, we will be talking about the Tony Elumelu Foundation grant, which you can apply for right now. It is a fairly competitive grant with minimal requirements. I will walk you through the simple applicable process and all you really need to know about this grant.
Tony Elumelu Foundation Grant
So, we are going to talk about this grant in detail in this section. First, let’s look at the simple steps you can follow to apply for the TEF grant.
- First, make sure that you are eligible. You have to be African and have a business idea or a business less than 3 years old. Also, you must be at least 18 years old.
- Now, for the application, go to tefconnect.com.
- On this website, click the Apply button to begin. Just fill out your correct information, and that’s all.
- After you submit your application, you’ll be notified about your application status.
No, you do not pay to apply for the TEF grant. It’s free. If someone asks for money for the Tony Elumelu Foundation grant, it’s a scam. If you have registered on tefconnect.com but didn’t get a confirmation email, check all your email folders, including spam and junk. If you still don’t find it, then you have to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sometimes, you may have trouble with the ‘Continue’ button on your application at tefconnect.com. If you face this issue during the application, send an email to the email address I mentioned above with your details or screenshots.
Unfortunately, you cannot use your student ID for this application. The Tony Elumelu Foundation grant only accepts government-issued IDs such as your driver’s license, international passport, voter’s card, and national ID card. Other IDs won’t be accepted. If you can’t upload your ID or photo, try to make sure your photo format is a JPEG or PNG file and smaller than 1 MB. If it still doesn’t work, send an email with a screenshot of the error to the given email address we have mentioned in this article.
Tony Elumelu Foundation Grant Eligibility Requirements
Now, we are going to talk about the eligibility requirements. Below are all the requirements that will make you qualify for the Tony Elumelu Foundation grant.
- You have to be from any of the 54 African countries.
- You must have a business idea or a business that’s between 0 and 5 years old.
- You must have a valid government-issued ID from your country.
- You are eligible to reapply in the following years until you get accepted if you were previously rejected.
If you have trouble logging in, send an email to email@example.com with details of the problem. I always advise applicants to include screenshots of any error messages.
Unfortunately, a couple cannot apply separately for the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme. TEF does not accept family members in the same cycle. It could lead to disqualification. Also, you cannot submit two different business ideas. So, you can only apply with one business or business idea. Applying with more than one will disqualify you.
Required Documents for Tony Elumelu Grant
So, next, we will be looking at what documents you need for this application. You’ll need to upload these documents when you fill out the application on TEFConnect. Also, remember to use a phone number that works with WhatsApp. Here are the documents required:
- A valid government-issued ID.
- Your business registration certificate (if you already have a business).
- Proof that you own the business (if your business is already running).
- Details about your business directors (for businesses that are already operational).
- Consent from your business partners (if you’re applying for a business with partners).
So, we have been able to cover all you need to know about the Tony Elumelu Foundation grant. All you really have to do right now is to proceed with the registration if you have all these requirements.
Read Also: Free Laptops for African Students 2024