Sometimes, education can be expensive, but thanks to scholarships, you get away with the cost of tuition and other miscellaneous. However, even though scholarships result in free education, getting one can be difficult. This is the reason we will be talking about the easiest scholarships to get for international students. A lot of people apply for those popular ones, so they end up being saturated and extremely competitive. Unfortunately, when you join the queue, you are not doing yourself any favors unless your metric is really high. So, let’s say you are applying for a merit-based scholarship for international students; your GPA and other requirements have to be really high for you to stand a chance.
Easiest Scholarships to Get for International Students
Now, we will be looking at some of the easier scholarships you can actually apply for and get. Some may not pay so much money but some here do offer even fully funded opportunities. Let’s get right into it.
1. Fulbright Scholarships
So, our first scholarship is the Fulbright Scholarship. This one is popular but not many international students apply for it. The Fulbright Scholarship program is funded by the US government and is its most extensive and unique educational initiative. It promotes international intellectual and cultural exchange and stands out as one of the top undergraduate scholarships for international students. You can apply for the 2024-2025 academic year. Fullbright only has simple requirements for you to complete your application.
Usually, you just submit the registration form, the original consent to process personal data, and an electronic scan of this consent. All these should be emailed together. If you are ready to join the competition, send your documents to email@example.com with the subject line “VGS 21-22 Registration.” Your submission should include:
- A registration request and consent to process personal data.
- Submit your letters of support for the contest.
- After registration, you’ll receive a special link to an online platform.
The requirements for the Fulbright scholarship depend on your country. Common requirements often include being a citizen of the country from where you are applying, being enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program, and having English proficiency. You can use a dropdown menu on the Fulbright website to select your country of origin and see details specific to that country.
2. Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship For International Students
At number 2, we also have the Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship, one of the easiest scholarships to get for international students. So, I made a very helpful article where I explain this Aga Khan Foundation international scholarship programme—make sure to check out that article.
The Aga Khan Foundation annually offers a limited number of postgraduate scholarships to deserving students from selected developing countries who lack other means to finance their studies. This initiative aims to foster skilled scholars and leaders and prepare them for professional roles, particularly within the AKDN. Scholarships are granted on a 50/50 grant/loan basis following a thorough application process, usually in June or July. While the Foundation gives priority to master’s degree applications, it also considers PhD program applications from outstanding students strongly recommended by their advisors, especially those needing a PhD for their career goals (academic or research-oriented).
3. Art Major Asian Scholarship Program (Korea)
One of the easiest scholarships to get for international students you should be looking at right now is the Art Major Asian Scholarship Program. This one is Korea-sponsored. The Art Major Asian Scholarship Program at the Korea National University of Arts is open to international students.
This scholarship was designed to foster international educational cooperation and strengthen friendships between countries. It’s available for undergraduate and graduate courses in Music, Dance, Visual Arts, Drama, Film/Television/Multimedia, and Korean Traditional Art. The list of requirements includes:
- Make a copy of your passport.
- Provide a medical examination report in English.
- Submit a plan for your education.
- Get three letters of recommendation.
- You must pass a language proficiency test in Korean or English and submit experience certificates.
- Include copies of diplomas and certificates.
- Write a motivation letter.
- Fill out the application form.
- Provide a score sheet in English.
- Create a portfolio of your work (slides, videos, DVDs in English).
4. Berea College Scholarship (USA)
At number 4, we have the Berea College Scholarships. Berea College offers easy scholarships to all international students. Students may seek other funding sources in addition to college scholarships to cover the full tuition cost. Berea College scholarships help with tuition expenses. Students can enroll in any undergraduate program at the university.
As an applicant, you must meet the criteria of the program you are applying for. The requirements include:
- A language proficiency test is necessary to ensure a student’s ability to succeed academically. For example, a student in Germany applying for an English-language program must be able to assess their level of English proficiency.
- Proficiency in the English language and excellent academic records are essential. All documents must be submitted to the college by November 30.
- You are also required to provide your TOEFL, IELTS, or SAT scores, as well as demonstrate English proficiency.
Next, let’s talk about the documents required for this scholarship.
- A university acceptance letter.
- Proof of excellent academic or athletic achievements.
- A letter of recommendation or a motivational letter.
- An application or registration form.
- Official financial statements and proof of low income.
So, that’s just it for any foreign student out there who may be considering Berea College admissions.
5. Harbin Engineering University Full Scholarship (China)
The next scholarship is one by the Harbin Engineering University. This is a full scholarship for international students in the engineering field. This University focuses on training researchers and studying shipbuilding engineering, ocean research, and nuclear energy. It aims to develop top-notch engineers, scientists, and industry leaders to enhance education, teaching, and research.
- Photocopy of your passport.
- A diploma (with a notarized photocopy).
- Your grades report (needs a translation into English or Chinese if it’s not already in these languages).
- Letters of recommendation;
- A study or research plan (should be no more than 800 words and in English or Chinese).
- A photocopy of your medical examination.
- Applications for both admission and a scholarship. Remember, you need to submit all these documents by May 31, 2024.
6. Estonian School of Diplomacy Scholarships (EU)
In partnership with the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Estonian Diplomatic School is offering full scholarships for the 2024/2025 academic years to young diplomats and civil servants. These easiest scholarships to get for international students are available for the International Relations and European Integration program.
Now, let’s talk about the eligibility criteria:
- Proficiency in English.
- The scholarship is open to citizens from ODA countries, including Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Belarus, Georgia, Tajikistan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Azerbaijan.
- Applicants should be 35 years old or younger.
- Candidates should be currently employed in their home country as foreign or civil servants and must have at least one year of experience in this role.
- Applicants should be hardworking, cooperative, and eager to learn in a multicultural setting.
- A strong motivation to study international relations and related fields is essential. Preference will be given to those who plan to continue their careers as civil servants in their home country.
- A bachelor’s degree is required for eligibility.
7. Chevening Scholarships | Scholarships For International Students
The Chevening Scholarship is a prestigious award for international students, selected by British embassies in various countries. Its main goal is to nurture global leaders, influencers, and professionals. Since its inception, this program has helped over 55,000 students in their professional growth. The number of scholarships offered varies by country. A Chevening Scholarship typically covers all essential financial needs, including round-trip economy airfare to the UK, a monthly living allowance, and university tuition fees. This program enables international students to obtain undergraduate scholarships. Yes, the requirements for eligibility are really simple—not demanding at all.
8. The American Association of University Women International Fellowship
At number 8, we are going to talk about The American Association of University Women International Fellowship. This particular scholarship is easy to get. However, it is exclusively for female students from abroad. It offers funding for full-time graduate or postdoctoral studies for women who aren’t U.S. citizens or permanent residents but want to study there for their professional careers. There are many benefits to studying abroad, so make sure to apply soon.
The application deadline is typically November of the year. This scholarship amount is between$18,000 to $30,000.
9. University of Paris-Saclay Scholarships
Finally, the University of Paris-Saclay in the European Union offers a selection of master’s degree programs, mainly in French. However, a few programs are available in English. Students aiming to enroll should have a good command of French at the B1 level, but a certificate to prove this isn’t necessary. The University offers an accessible scholarship for international students:
This scholarship is valued at €10,000 annually. Students receive the scholarship only after they arrive to commence their studies, distributed over 10 months. A 1,000 euro grant is also provided to help with travel and immigration costs. Note that the university does not offer any advance payments.
Application Process for Easy Scholarships for International Students
After choosing a scholarship for studying abroad, focus on organizing your application documents. Here’s what a typical application process looks like:
- Apply for the scholarship by filling out an online form.
- Write a personal statement highlighting your achievements, unique experiences, and awards.
- For region-specific scholarships, get official proof of your nationality or a certificate of low economic status.
- Obtain verification of your achievements in sports, arts, or academics.
- Submit the acceptance letter from the university to confirm your plan to start your studies.
- Carefully review and send your documents to the scholarship provider.
Once the results are announced, your full tuition fee (or part of it) is usually paid directly to the university or college. If you don’t want a scholarship that pays directly to your school of school, then I made an article talking about small scholarships that pay directly to students.
4 Benefits of Easy Scholarships for International Students
Easy scholarships for international students help reduce their financial stress and offer them the chance to follow their dreams. These scholarships come with several advantages:
- Financial Benefits – The primary benefit of scholarships is financial support. With the rising cost of education and the expanding range of educational programs, including both short-term and long-term courses offered by universities and other institutions, it’s often hard for students or their families to find the funds needed for education.
- Aids in Admission to Well-Known Universities – Many top universities seek out exceptionally talented and bright students to add to their student body. For this reason, they conduct various exams, offering scholarships to those who perform well. These students elevate the college’s standards and contribute to the growth of their peers. The university benefits in research and development, and the scholarship recipients gain sufficient funds to support their academic endeavors.
- Improve Your Resume – When you apply for a job, the first thing an interviewer sees is your resume. Adding a scholarship to your resume is a benefit that creates a positive impression on the interviewer. Furthermore, a candidate with a scholarship on their resume stands out from other applicants. This inclusion makes you look qualified, hardworking, and well-prepared for the job.
- Career Growth and Personal Growth – A scholarship provides financial stability, allowing you to be more selective in how you use your free time. Students can utilize this time effectively. Instead of just any low-wage job to make ends meet, you can engage in work that is meaningful and enhances the value of your degree.
English Language Tests for Easy Scholarships for International Students
Depending on the university’s requirements, you need to choose the appropriate language test. Some universities accept a range of international exams, while others may only consider one. Here are some examples:
- English – TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, CPE
- German – TestDaF, DSH
- Chinese – HSK, HSKK
- French – TCF, DELF/DALF
- Spanish – DELE
Make sure to start your preparation for an international language exam, as it’s often a requirement for admission to a foreign university.
What’s the Easiest Scholarship to Get for International Students?
The easiest scholarship for international students is the Fulbright Scholarship. It’s a US-based award available in 155 countries. Each year, over 4000 students receive this scholarship.
Can I Get a Full Scholarship for Studying Abroad?
Yes, you can get a full scholarship to study abroad. Many colleges and universities offer full scholarships for international studies to Indian students. It’s tough, but getting a full scholarship for studying abroad is possible.
So, we have looked at 9 easiest scholarships to get for international students. You will usually need to stay dedicated and work hard to be well-prepared in advance. Be careful when reading the application instructions carefully, and make sure to only apply for those international scholarships that you 100% qualify for. This is the only way to increase your chances and make the scholarship application even easier to get.