Bangladesh has announced scholarships for Pakistani students where your total education is free. This includes your tuition fees, hostel fees, and all other expenses which will be borne by the government of Bangladesh. So, how do you apply for this, who is eligible, and what documents are required? We will discuss all these in this article, and focus on how to apply for SAARC scholarship for MBBS. SAARC stands for Southern Asian Association for Regional Cooperation. A few days ago, I broke the news that scholarships from Bangladesh have been announced, so you must start applying. The announcement was made on January 4th.
How to Apply for SAARC Scholarship for MBBS
Now, how do you apply for SAARC Scholarship for MBBS? First, there are a total of 21 seats, out of which 121 seats are for SAARC countries. SAARC countries include Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. For Pakistan, there are 21 seats for MBBS and 2 seats for BDS. Different seats are allocated for India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and other countries. You can also see the complete details, such as the place date, last date, total seats, and scholarship type. That said, let’s go through the steps on how to apply for SAARC scholarship for MBBS.
1. Check the Eligibility Criteria
Here you can see the eligibility criteria. If you have passed matriculation in 2020, then you are eligible, and if you have passed FSC in 2022, then you are eligible and can apply. Other requirements are also mentioned here.
2. Apply for SAARC Scholarship for MBBS
- First, let’s go towards that. I have provided link for online application. You just have to click there.
- A window will open where you have to select your country, for example, Pakistan. You have to write your full name, provide an active email address, select a password, confirm the password, and then click on register.
- After that, a verification email will be sent to your email. You have to verify your account.
- After verifying, log in to your account again. Enter your details and log in. Once logged in, a window will open. Here you have to put your complete personal information.
- An important thing here is your passport number. You have to make your passport before applying. Enter your passport number, upload a picture of your passport, and upload your signature.
- Then, you have to provide your date of birth information.
- Next, you have to provide your academic information. You have to give your matriculation information and enter the marks of your subjects. You have to upload your matriculation mark sheet.
- Then, you have to provide complete details of your FSC, including marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, total marks, obtained marks, and mention your grade.
- Similarly, you have to upload your FSC DMC.
- Then, you have to provide language information. If you know English, you can select your level in reading and writing. If you are high, medium, or low in English speaking, you can select that.
- You have to provide legal guardian information, their address, country, and phone number. You can mention details of your father and mother.
- Then, you have to provide an emergency contact number in your country. You can give details of a relative or family member in Pakistan. You can also mention your contact number in Bangladesh. If you have previously applied for a scholarship, you can mention that. If not, you don’t need to give any remarks.
- You have to upload additional documents. Whatever additional documents you have, like your passport, or CNIC, you can upload them completely. You just have to click here and select the file or picture you have. It will be selected and your file will be uploaded.
- After completing this process, you click on save. Then, an option to submit will appear. After that, you submit your application form and a machine-generated printed form will be generated. You go ahead and download it.
Read out the instructions after downloading. Attach your complete document with your application form and get it attested from the Education Minister, whose name will be shown on your screen, and from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of respective countries. For example, students applying from Pakistan have to get their documents attested. After that, you upload these documents.
Here you have a Ministry of Education and Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You must get your documents attested from them. When your application form is submitted, you have to attach these documents with your application form and submit them to the Bangladesh Mission Embassy in Islamabad so that you can get a visa.
Next, you have a copy of the Telegraphic Transfer TT SWIFT message of US dollars. Before applying, you have to deposit this fee. This is for your admission process. You can deposit it in any of these complete accounts shown here. After that, when you get the Telegraphic Transfer, you have to attach it with your documents. So, this is your application process fee – $100.00 (one hundred) as. This procedure needs to be completed before February 29th.
Also, submit your online application and deposit the form in the Bangladesh Mission in Islamabad so that you can get a visa and your seat can be confirmed. Some students are having issues that there is a $5000 fee. This is for non-SAARC countries. For SAARC countries like Pakistan, you only have to deposit $20000 or $22000 fees per year, which is what the students in Bangladesh pay.
Your hostel expenses will also be borne by the Bangladesh government. Your food and drink depend on your choice and how much expense it incurs. The rest, your tuition fee will be between $20000 to $26000, which is the data from last year. Last year’s students were charged this much. So, if you have any issues in applying, you can ask in the comment box.