You can now apply for the PAEC OAS-GCUB scholarships in Brazil, which offers 258 scholarships to citizens from OAS Member States into master’s or doctorate programs at Brazilian Universities. The Partnerships Program for Education and Training (PAEC) is a joint initiative of the Organization of American States (OAS) and the International Cooperation Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB), supported by the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Division of Educational Themes and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO / WHO).
PAEC OAS-GCUB scholarships in Brazil benefits
Below are the potential benefits that come with this scholarship opportunity in Brazil:
- You will receive a full tuition waiver, covering the total program cost.
- A partial monthly stipend will also be provided for living expenses, using the value of CAPES as a minimum. This stipend does not cover all living expenses – you will need to have sufficient funds on your end.
- An additional one-time grant of $1,200 USD will be disbursed once you arrive at the university, but only for the first 152 ranked candidates.
- Free Portuguese language support.
The duration of these benefits extends up to 24 months for Master’s and 48 months for Doctorate degrees.
PAEC OAS-GCUB scholarships in Brazil requirements
Below are the eligibility requirements for PAEC OAS-GCUB scholarships in Brazil:
- you must be a citizen and/or permanent resident of any OAS Member State, except for Brazil.
- You must not have received any other academic scholarships from the OAS or Brazil for the same level of studies that you wish to pursue.
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) if you’re applying for a Master’s and/or a Doctorate program.
- No Portuguese language proficiency is required at the application stage, but selected scholars will need to show proof of a superior intermediate level of Portuguese before completing their studies in Brazil.
- You must apply through the online Brazil PAEC OEA-GCUB Scholarship Program Application, and only complete applications will be considered.
OAS-GCUB scholarship program is exclusively for non-Brazilian citizens or permanent residents. That’s because the core objective of PAEC OAS-GCUB scholarships in Brazil is to foster regional integration by internationalizing students in prestigious Brazilian educational institutions.
Student financial obligations
As a recipient of PAEC OAS-GCUB scholarships in Brazil, you will be responsible for the following expenses:
- Airfare to and from Brazil
- Medical Insurance while in Brazil
- Additional living expenses
- Visa fees
- Any other costs not covered by this scholarship
PAEC OAS-GCUB scholarships in Brazil application process
Follow the simple steps below to apply for this scholarship:
1. Know the list of programs
Begin by reading the scholarship announcement, requirements, benefits, responsibilities, and the basis for the Brazil Scholarship Program. Next, explore the list of study programs and participating Brazilian universities in this program.
2. Choose your program
You can pick from 3 different study programs for master’s or doctoral degrees. Each of these programs should be at a different university, located in different regions in Brazil. The PAEC OAS-GCUB scholarships in Brazil encourage American students to experience different Brazilian regions, promoting equitable student distribution across participating universities. Select a program in 3 different regions to boost your chances of getting the scholarship due to the limited number of scholarships per university.
3. Compile all the required application documents
Start this process early because some universities close early for breaks.
4. Complete the Brazil PAEC OEA-GCUB Scholarship Program Application Form
Visit https://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/ and select PAEC OAS-GCUB scholarships. Then attach the required documents. Remember, applications are only accepted until 23:59 on the closing date (Brazil, Brasília local time).
5. Wait for the application notification
The documents you submit for the Brazil Scholarship PAEC OEA-GCUB will be forwarded to the universities for the admission process. You won’t need to apply for admission directly with the universities.
Finally, wait for the publication of the results with the list of selected scholarship recipients.
If you have any questions about this scholarship, contact email@example.com. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 09:00 to 18:00 hrs, local time in Brasília, Brazil.
Conclusion—PAEC OAS-GCUB scholarships in Brazil
The Organization of American States (OAS), The International Cooperation Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB), and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) are offering this scholarship to train, develop, and network top-tier talent. This also contributes to the progress of the countries and fortifies cooperation ties with Brazil.
Read also: Brazil scholarships for African students