Abu Dhabi University places a strong emphasis on empowering students and inspiring them to realize their educational ambitions. So, with the Abu Dhabi University scholarship and financial assistance program, the university can pursue academic distinction and student development in the UAE. The university considers it a national responsibility to ensure equal access to higher education for interested students irrespective of their financial circumstances. This is the reason you have these scholarship opportunities for both master’s and bachelor’s degree programs.
Abu Dhabi University scholarship
The maximum duration of any scholarship from Abu Dhabi University is 4 years or until graduation, whichever comes first. In some instances, satisfying English language requirements is also necessary. It is not required to reapply for the scholarship as long as you meet the criteria for maintaining the scholarship.
Once you have been officially admitted to ADU and provided with a unique student ID, the scholarship application process commences. This ID is used to securely access a university account that includes a Financial Aid and Scholarships section.
Since the university has already processed your student data, including academic records, upon admission, any scholarships for which you are eligible will be displayed on your account page. You can choose to apply for any of these scholarships online, as you are qualified based on merit. You will fill out the application with the necessary details, along with uploading any required documents, and then submit it online.
Here is a list of Abu Dhabi University scholarships:
- Family Tuition Waiver
- Merit Baded Graduate Scholarship
- Alumni Scholarship
- Athletic Scholarship
- Academic Scholarship
- University Scholarship
- Chairman’s Scholarship
- Sheikh Hamdan Bin Zayed Scholarship
1. Family Tuition Waiver
The Family Tuition Waiver applies to students belonging to the same family. This means it applies to family members in direct relationships or familial bonds, including siblings, spouses, or parents, provided there is more than one student concurrently enrolled at ADU.
2. Merit Baded Graduate Scholarship
If have achieved a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 (or its equivalent) during your undergraduate studies and decide to continue your postgraduate education at Abu Dhabi University, you qualify for a tuition fee reduction of 25%.
3. Alumni Scholarship
This Abu Dhabi University scholarship is for alumni of Abu Dhabi University who are interested in pursuing further studies at the postgraduate level at any of the university’s branches. You will be eligible for a 20% discount on your tuition fees.
4. Athletic Scholarship
A 25% reduction in tuition fees will be granted to ongoing students of Abu Dhabi University each academic year.
- This Abu Dhabi University scholarship is granted to students who actively contribute to ADU sports teams in roles such as coach, captain, or player, and maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.75.
- The.Athletics Scholarship last as long as your full-time enrollment at ADU, which requires a minimum registration of 12 credit hours.
- You must fulfill the English language proficiency criteria as stipulated by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- A recommendation letter endorsed by the ADU Student Affairs Department is a requirement.
5. Academic Scholarship
Continuing students at Abu Dhabi University will receive a 20% discount on tuition fees.
To be eligible for this Abu Dhabi University scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be continuing students at ADU.
- Maintain a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.60 for two consecutive semesters.
- Be enrolled at ADU with full-time status, which requires being registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours.
The scholarship will be applicable for the duration of the student’s enrollment at ADU with full-time status.
6. University Scholarship
UAE residents and GCC applicants are eligible for a tuition fee discount ranging from 10% to 50%. Please note that GCC applicants must submit officially certified documents.
- Recent Secondary School Graduates: Students who have graduated from secondary school and joined ADU within two years of their secondary school graduation may be eligible for a scholarship. The scholarship value will range from 10% to 50% waiver on tuition fees per campus, based on their high school average.
- English Language Proficiency: Students must meet the English language proficiency requirements set by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
The scholarship will be applicable for the duration of the student’s enrollment at ADU, provided they maintain full-time status by registering for a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester. An exception to the 12 credit hours requirement may be made in the first registered semester and the following term for students who have not yet met the English language proficiency requirements.
7. Chairman’s Scholarship
Complete exemption from tuition, application, registration, student services, and health service fees.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have achieved an average of 97% or above in each of their last three years of secondary school (grades 10, 11, and 12).
- Recently graduated from secondary school and plan to join ADU in the same year as their secondary school graduation.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to selection and formal approval from the Office of the Chairman.
- The scholarship applies to students who are enrolled at ADU on a full-time basis, meaning they are registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Meet the English language proficiency requirements as defined by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
8. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Zayed Scholarship
The H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Zayed Scholarship provides complete funding, entirely covering tuition, application, registration, student services, and health service fees.
To qualify for this Abu Dhabi University scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- The scholarship is available to the top 20 graduates from public secondary schools across the UAE. Only those who graduate from high school in the same year and enroll in ADU during the fall semester are eligible.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to selection and formal approval by the Office of H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Zayed AI Nahyan.
- The scholarship applies to the duration of the student’s full-time enrollment at ADU, which requires registration for a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants must meet the English language proficiency requirements set by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- All applicants must achieve a minimum EmSAT Math score of 1,200, an English score of 1,600, and an Arabic score of 900 for all colleges
You might want to visit the official scholarship website of Abu Dhabi University.