Tall people are typically known for their expertise in reaching things on the top shelf. Unfortunately, there is no paycheck for being a human ladder… oops! However, you do have many height advantages, and one such is qualifying for some unique scholarships. So, in this article, I have the best scholarship for being tall for you. So, if you are not making the most use of your height currently, you could at least get funds for it.
Tall Club International, or TCI, gives $1000 to men who are at least 6’2 and women who are at least 5’10. There’s also the Boston Beanstalks Tall Club Scholarship, where qualified students can get up to $5000 for their education. And these aren’t the only ones; there are many scholarships available for tall people, each offering $1,000 or more.
Scholarship for Being Tall in 2024
So, I kind of like felt the urge to look for these height-based scholarships. I’m sure even tall people will be laughing right now but it’s okay, these are really for you. Ps., I’m not tall myself; I’m average height. So, let’s get started with the scholarship for being tall you should apply for right now.
1. The Westport Big & Tall Scholarship
In collaboration with bold.org, the Westport Big & Tall Scholarship launched an initiative to combat the burden of student debt. Recognizing the unique challenges faced by students who are considered ‘big’ or ‘tall’ in a world designed for average sizes, this scholarship celebrates the distinctiveness of these individuals.
The Westport Big & Tall Scholarship is committed to supporting students who are not only big or tall but also proud of their stature. This scholarship aims to inspire students to embrace their individuality and to celebrate their unique qualities.
Eligibility for this scholarship extends to high school seniors and undergraduate male students who meet specific size criteria, specifically those who are 6 feet 2 inches or taller and/or wear a size 44 waist or larger. To participate, applicants are invited to share a personal experience through an essay of 400-600 words.
Describe a time in which being big and/or tall led to a funny situation
2. The Boston Beanstalks Tall Club
In number 2, we have the Boston Beanstalks Tall Club (BBTC). They excitedly offer a $500 scholarship to a qualifying high school senior. The selected applicant will also have their application forwarded to Tall Clubs International (TCI) for a chance to win one of the TCI Scholarships, each valued at $1000.
BBTC is a community for tall individuals and is part of TCI, an organization with over 50 clubs in the USA and Canada. TCI clubs are committed to raising awareness about the experiences of tall people through community engagement.
Each TCI-affiliated club can submit one legacy scholarship application and one merit scholarship application to the TCI Scholarship Committee. If you are a high school student living in Massachusetts, Vermont, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, or Connecticut, you can apply for this scholarship for being tall by visiting the TCI Foundation’s application website. Make sure to choose the Boston Beanstalks Tall Club as your sponsor when you apply. The application window opens on January 1st and all submissions must be completed by March 1st.
Students interested in applying for this scholarship can pursue any field of study and plan to enroll in a two or four-year higher education institution in the fall of 2024. The criteria for eligibility include:
- Minimum height requirement: females must be at least 5’10” and males at least 6’2″.
- Applicants must be under the age of 21.
- Applicants must live and attend high school in the U.S. states of Massachusetts, Vermont, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, or Connecticut.
- Academic performance and achievements will be considered.
- Participation in school community clubs and activities.
- Engagement in clubs and activities outside of the school community.
- Personal achievements.
The BBTC scholarship will be awarded to the selected winner during their high school awards ceremony in May or June 2024. The chosen finalist’s application, along with the committee’s recommendation, will be sent to the TCI Scholarship Committee. This committee will then select the scholarship recipients in time for the awards to be presented at the recipients’ high school awards ceremonies. The recipients will also be acknowledged at the annual TCI Awards Banquet in July 2024.
3. Sacramento Tall Club Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship for being tall is a tribute to Kae Sumner-Einfeldt, Virginia Linquist-Winker, Robert Rader, and Carolyn Goldstein. It’s organized by the Sacramento Tall Club and the Tall Clubs International Foundation. Every year, they provide scholarships to high school seniors in the Sacramento area who demonstrate merit. The TCI Foundation receives scholarship nominations from the Sacramento Tall Club and other TCI member clubs. From these nominations, tall candidates are chosen and submitted to the TCI Foundation to receive a $1000 scholarship award.
4. The Tall Club of Milwaukee
In collaboration with the Tall Clubs International Foundation, the Tall Club of Milwaukee, honors the memory of Kae Sumner-Einfeldt, Virginia Linquist-Winker, Robert Radar, and Carolyn Goldstein by awarding annual scholarships. These scholarships are for deserving high school seniors across North America.
The TCI Foundation receives nominations for these scholarships from the Tall Club of Milwaukee and other TCI member clubs. From these nominees, potential recipients are chosen and their names are forwarded to the TCI Foundation to determine if they meet the criteria for a $1000 scholarship award.
Scholarship Application (Available on January 1, 2024). I helped my 6’7″ (202cm) friend apply for this tall people scholarship via the Tall Club Foundation website.
5. Tall Club International Foundation
Finally, we are going to talk about the Tall Club International scholarship for tall people. The memories of Kae Sumner-Einfeldt, Virginia Linquist-Winker, Robert Rader, and Carolyn Goldstein, are honored annually by the Tall Club International Foundation. They award scholarships to high school seniors in North America (United States and Canada only). These scholarships are managed by the TCI Foundation, which receives nominations from local member clubs and members-at-large of Tall Clubs International across North America. From these nominations, selected recipients are awarded a $1000 scholarship by the Tall Clubs International Foundation, Inc. For this scholarship, you don’t have to be a member of a local club.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must fulfill all the following criteria:
- Height Requirement. Applicants must meet Tall Clubs International’s minimum height requirements—5′ 10″ (178 cm) for women and 6′ 2″ (188 cm) for men—without shoes. TCI and the TCI Foundation reserve the right to verify an applicant’s height if needed.
- Age Limit. Applicants must be under 21 years old when they start their first year of college.
- College Admission. Applicants should be entering their first year of higher education.
- College Enrollment. Must plan to attend a full-time program at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- Funding. If awarded, must use the scholarship funds to attend the chosen college/university.
- Enrollment. Must agree to enroll in the college/university within the current calendar year.
- General Release. Must sign a general release form allowing the Member Club – Member-At-Large and TCI Foundation to publish information if awarded a TCI Foundation Scholarship. General Release Form (Blank).
- Residency. You need to request sponsorship from an active TCI Member Tall Club in your state/province of residence that participates in the Scholarship Program. Alternatively, if there is a TCI Member-at-Large participating in the Scholarship Program in your area, you can request sponsorship from them. When you submit your scholarship application to the appropriate sponsor, you are officially asking them to sponsor you for the scholarship. You do not need to contact the sponsor beforehand.
- North America Residents: The TCI Foundation awards scholarships only to residents of the United States and Canada.
- California Residents: There are six TCI clubs in California. Please choose the right club for sponsorship based on the county where you live.
- Florida Residents: For East Florida, the Miami Skyliners Member Tall Club covers scholarship sponsorships. In West Florida, sponsorships are covered by a Member-At-Large. Select the appropriate scholarship sponsor based on your location.
- Illinois Residents: If you are from Illinois and seeking sponsorship from the Paramount Tall Club, go here.
when you’re ready to submit your application for scholarship for being tall, you typically need the following items:
- All required documents (except for the photo) that have been mentioned previously. These should be in PDF format.
- A recent wallet-sized photo. Bathing suit photos are not acceptable. Instead, please submit a professional-looking photo that clearly shows your face. The photo should be in JPG format.
- Accurate contact information, including names and email addresses, for your scholarship references.
Indeed, your tall height is unique and comes with advantages. Just make sure to apply for all these scholarships at the same time to increase your chance of being invited to one of them.
Read also: Scholarship for Being Short in 2024