Attention all incoming college freshmen! The CHED Scholarship Program 2023 is now open for applications. The program, also known as StuFAPs, is designed to provide financial support to students who are enrolled in authorized public or private Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). Its main goal is to ensure that education is accessible to all, particularly those who come from underprivileged backgrounds and show great potential.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be enrolled or planning to enroll in any of CHED’s priority courses, as stated in CMO No. 1 s. 2014. Successful applicants will receive financial assistance ranging from Php 15,000 to Php 30,000 per semester, depending on their program of study.
CHED scholarship eligibility
Nits that all incoming first-year college students graduating from Senior High Schools are qualified for CHED scholarship.
To be eligible for the scholarship program, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Filipino citizenship: You must be a citizen of the Philippines.
- Graduating high school student or high school graduate: You should either be currently in your final year of high school or have already graduated from high school.
- General Weighted Average (GWA): The required GWA varies depending on the scholarship program:
- Full State Scholarship Program (FSSP) and Full Private Education Student Financial Assistance (FPESPA): Your GWA must be 96% or above.
- Half-SSP and Half-PESPA: Your GWA must be 93% but not more than 95%.
- Combined annual gross income of parents/guardian: The total annual gross income of your parents or guardian should not exceed Four Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP 400,000). However, if the income exceeds PhP 400,000, you may still be eligible if you can provide written certification or medical findings of illness of a family member, or school certifications of two or more dependents enrolled in college.
- Avail of only one government-funded financial assistance program.
Don’t apply for CHED scholarship without meeting these requirements.
Requirements for CHED scholarship application
For your application, you will need to submit the following documents based on different categories:
A certified true copy of your Birth Certificate.
- Certified copy of your High school report card if you are an incoming freshman eligible for college (High School Graduate).
- Duly certified true copy of your grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 if you are a graduating high school student.
For the financial aspect, you will need to submit any of the following documents:
- Current Income Tax Return (ITR) of your parents or guardian.
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR).
- Certificate of Indigence from either your Barangay or the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
- Case Study report from DSWD.
- If your parents are Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) or seafarers, the latest copy of the contract or proof of income may be considered.
CHED StuFAPs application process
The Commission is pleased to announce that online applications for the scholarship program are now open. To ensure a streamlined process, specific application links have been provided for each region. To submit your application, please follow the designated link corresponding to your region.
- Region 1: https://stufaps.chedro1.com/
- Region 2: https://stufaps.chedregion2.com/
- Region 3: https://chedro3.ched.gov.ph/chedro3stufap/index.php/stufap/app_form
- Region 4: https://chedcalabarzon.com/
- Region 5: https://chedro5stufap.com/
- Region 6: https://chedro6.com/
- Region 7: http://chedro7.com/csp/
- Region 8: https://www.chedro8stufap.com/
- Region 9: https://chedro9.ph/
- Region 10: https://ro10.ched.gov.ph/
- Region 11: https://ro11.ched.gov.ph/
- Region 12: loading…
- NCR: https://csp-application.chedro-ncr.com/application/index.htm
- CAR: https://faster.chedcar.com/stufap/app_form
- CARAGA: https://chedcaraga.ph/ched-scholarship-program-csp/
- BARMM: loading…
If you fall under any of the following categories, please make sure to upload or attach a valid certification or certification that verifies your status:
- Persons with Disability (PWD) under RA 7277
- Single Parent and/or their dependents under RA 8972
- Underprivileged and homeless citizen under RA 7279
- Senior Citizen under RA 9994
- Indigenous People under RA 8371
CHED scholarship courses
If you’re wondering about the courses covered by the CHED scholarship, here is a list of the CHED priority courses. These are the courses where qualified beneficiaries of CHED Regular Programs are encouraged to enroll:
a. Engineering and technology
Here is the rearranged list of engineering and technology courses in alphabetical order:
1. Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
2. Aircraft Maintenance Technology
3. Aviation Related Programs
4. Ceramic Engineering
5. Chemical Engineering
6. Civil Engineering
7. Computer Engineering
8. Electrical Engineering
9. Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Communications Engineering
10. Engineering Technology
11. Food Engineering
12. Geodetic Engineering
13. Industrial Engineering
14. Industrial Technology
15. Manufacturing / Production Engineering
16. Materials Engineering
17. Mechanical Engineering
18. Mechatronics Engineering
19. Mechatronics Engineering Technology
20. Metallurgical Engineering
21. Mining Engineering
22. Petroleum Engineering
23. Pobotics Engineering
24. Sanitary Engineering
25. Structural Engineering
b. Computer technology and information
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security
- Entertainment and Multimedia Computing / Game Development and Animation
- Information System
- Information Technology
- Library and Information Science
c. Science and Mathematics
- Applied Physics / Physics
- Applied Mathematics / Mathematics
- Applied Statistics/ Statistics
- Environmental Science
- Human Biology
- Marine Biology
- Marine Science
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
d. Business management
- Business Analytics (straight major)
- Hospitality Management/ Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Tourism Management/ Tourism
- Fine Arts
- Interior Design
- Landscape Architecture
- Environmental Planning
- Maritime Engineering Marine Transportation
- Culture and Arts
- Early Childhood Education
- Secondary Education major in Science and Mathematics
- Special Needs Education
- Sports and Exercise Science
h. Social sciences
- Community Development
- Human Services (Guidance and Counselling)
- Indigenous Peoples Studies/ Education
- Peace Studies/ Education
- Social Work
- Data Science and Analytics
- Disaster Risk Management/ Climate Change
- Renewable / Sustainable Energy
j. Health education
- Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Doctor of Optometry
- Medical Technology / Medical Laboratory Science
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
- Speech Language Pathology
CHED scholarship deadline
The application period is now open and will continue until August 15.
Make sure to choose a course that is aligned with the priority courses mentioned earlier. Moreover, it is crucial to double-check the completeness of your documents, as only applicants with complete documents and a minimum General Weighted Average (GWA) of 93% will be permitted to proceed with the online application.
CHED scholarship stipend
As of July, the CHED Scholarship Program provides the following updated financial assistance amounts in Pesos, based on CHED Memorandum Order No. 11 series:
For participating Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) that follow a trimester or quarter system, the total financial assistance specified in the aforementioned diagram (12.1, 12.2) will be distributed proportionately, depending on the type of scholarship availed.
To remain eligible for CHED scholarship grant, you must be enrolled as a regular student and maintain a General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 85% or its equivalent if you are a full scholar, or 80% or its equivalent if you are a half scholar. It is crucial to note that failure to maintain the required GWA may result in the termination of the scholarship.
If you can’t meet the GWA requirement, you have the option to file an appeal to the CHED Regional Office (CHEDRO) for consideration. The appeal should be submitted within 15 days from the notice of the GWA. The CHEDRO will review your appeal and make a decision based on the circumstances presented.