The University of Manitoba is a public research university in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. It is one of the biggest universities in the province offering a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs to students from all over the world. Today, we also have the University of Manitoba fully funded scholarship for international students who hope to experience high-quality education in one of Canada’s best-ranked universities for free.
University of Manitoba fully funded scholarship for international students
The University of Manitoba offers a scholarship program for international students that is completely funded to help its international student population.
International students who are enrolled full-time in undergraduate or graduate programs at the university are eligible for this scholarship.
The University of Manitoba fully funded scholarship for international students pays for all of the program’s tuition and fees, as well as a living allowance to help with the cost of living while the student is studying in Canada.
International students who want to study in Canada can get a high-quality education at the University of Manitoba and enjoy all the perks of living in one of Canada’s most exciting and diverse cities. With its fully funded scholarship program, the university wants all students, no matter how much money they have, to be able to take advantage of this opportunity.
University of Manitoba works hard to make sure that all of its students feel welcome and supported. This scholarship program is just one way that the university shows it cares about helping international students reach their academic and professional goals.
International students at the University of Manitoba have access to a variety of services and resources that are meant to help them do well, in addition to the scholarship money. These things are:
- on-campus housing options, like dorms and apartments, are available;
- many student clubs and groups, some of which focus on culture or language;
- access to the university’s huge library system, including online resources and study spaces;
- career services, such as help finding a job and workshops on writing resumes; and
- services for health and wellness, such as counseling and mental health care.
The scholarship is available to any international student who meets the following requirements:
- Not being a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and being an international student
- Being a full-time student at the University of Manitoba in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Getting at least a 3.0 GPA (or the equivalent) in your previous studies
- Showing proof that they need money
Students who want to apply for the University of Manitoba fully funded scholarship for international students must:
- Fill out an online application form and send in the following documents:
- Official transcripts from all schools you’ve been to before.
- If English is not the student’s first language, they must show proof that they can speak English well.
- A personal statement about their education and career goals and why they want the scholarship.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or other professionals
- The student’s passport copy
International student awards
The University of Manitoba gives awards to students who do well in school and helps those who need money through scholarships and bursaries for international students.
1. International undergraduate student entrance scholarship
The International undergraduate student entrance scholarship was created to give international high school graduates who are going to the University of Manitoba a reward for doing well in school.
There will be scholarships for students who:
- are international students (in Canada with valid study permits) who applied to the University of Manitoba by March 1 for admission to any Faculty or School;
- are paying the rates for international students;
- have a high school average of at least 85% based on their best five courses in senior year.
Each year, the average grade in high school is used to decide how much each award is worth. As an example, here are the award values for the year 2020-2021:
- Averages of 95% or more or equal to $3,000
- Averages of 90% or higher or equal to $2,000
- Averages that are at least 85% or equal to $1,000
2. International undergraduate student scholarship
The International undergraduate student scholarship was made to recognize international students at The University of Manitoba who do well in school.
There are scholarships for international students who:
- are in Canada with valid study permits; have finished at least 24 credit hours in any Faculty or School at the University of Manitoba;
- show that you did well in your classes during the last regular academic session (at least a 3.5-grade point average for the session); and
- during the Fall/Winter academic session, they are in their second year of full-time undergraduate study in their program.
Those who meet the above requirements will be ranked by their sessional grade point average, and scholarships will be given out until all the money is gone or the grade point standard is met. Those who are eligible will be told by the end of July.
3. International student bursaries
To be eligible for bursaries at the University of Manitoba, you must apply for the University of Manitoba General Bursary through Aurora, as well as any other applications that may be needed for specific awards.
In early August, applications for general bursaries for the Fall and Winter Terms will be available in the Aurora Student Portal. This application and any supporting documents must be sent to the office of Financial Aid and Awards by October 1st. The general bursary program is not open to international students who are in their first year of college in Canada.
The University of Manitoba Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students is a great chance for international students who want to continue their education in Canada.
The University of Manitoba is a well-known school with a strong academic reputation. This scholarship gives international students the chance to study in a world-class environment while getting financial help.
Ultimately, studying in Canada has many benefits, such as a high standard of living, a safe and friendly environment, and the chance to learn about many different cultures.