The state of Uttar Pradesh has allocated a generous budget of ₹1,800 crores for an impactful initiative aimed at empowering students with free laptops. This commendable initiative, known as the UP Free Laptop Scheme, was launched by the Chief Minister, Shri Yogi Adiyanath. Designed to support academically brilliant students who may not have the financial means to procure necessary technological devices, the scheme promises to enhance the learning experience for all those eligible. Students are strongly encouraged to register under this free laptop for students in UP scheme.
In a concerted effort to boost children’s accessibility to public transportation and road networks, the state government has further committed to a novel strategy. The road leading to the institution of the student with the highest grades, will be named in their honor, signifying an inspiring recognition of their achievement. The most significant attribute of the UP Free Laptop Scheme is its fairness. It does not impose any constraints on the distribution of laptops, ensuring it does not favor any particular caste or student group, thereby promoting impartiality and equality.
Goals of the Free Laptop for Students in UP
The UP Free Laptop Yojana is a revolutionary initiative spearheaded by the state government with a focus on bolstering convenience and enhancing the learning experiences of students. The scheme encapsulates several primary objectives that aim to transform the education sector comprehensively and these objectives are as follows:
- The scheme seeks to inspire and stimulate the students’ academic enthusiasm, ensuring they remain motivated throughout their academic journey.
- One of the main objectives is to augment the collective productivity of the students, while simultaneously ameliorating the efficacy of the overall educational process.
- The scheme is dedicated to offering every student access to a high-quality education, regardless of their socio-economic background.
- This initiative is also designed to significantly upgrade the educational facilities available to students, fostering a more conducive environment for learning.
Students interested in availing of the benefits of this initiative can find the UP Free Laptop Yojana registration form on the official government website https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_laptop_distribution_scheme_of_the_Uttar_Pradesh_government for registration.
Main Features of UP Free Laptop Scheme
The UP Free Laptop Yojana is a noteworthy initiative launched by the Government of Uttar Pradesh.
The scheme, currently active and directed towards the student population of Uttar Pradesh, aims to further the advancement in the field of education. It stands as a testament to the state’s commitment to bridging the digital divide and promoting equal learning opportunities.
In a similar vein, the Uttar Pradesh government has previously introduced a scheme to provide free tablets/smartphones to approximately 2 crore students in the state. This initiative targets the youth of Uttar Pradesh, specifically those who are currently pursuing graduation, have completed post-graduation, or hold a diploma. To avail of this scheme, applicants must provide a series of documents including:
- A residential certificate
- Bank account details
- A mobile number
- A passport size photo
- An income certificate
- A birth certificate
- A marksheet alongside an Aadhar card.
The eligibility criteria for the applicants interested in this initiative are as follows:
- Applicants must be students hailing from Uttar Pradesh.
- They must be pursuing a graduate, postgraduate, or diploma course.
- An income cap has been set, with the annual income of the applicant required to be less than ₹2 lakhs.
- Students studying in government and private schools in Uttar Pradesh are eligible to apply.
- In terms of academic performance, the applicant must have achieved an overall average mark greater than 65% in their 10th and 12th-grade examinations.
Note that: To prevent misuse or resale, the phone’s IMEI number will be tied to the student’s information. The mobile phones provided under this scheme will often come preloaded with study material that can be accessed even without an internet connection. Designed with the students’ well-being in mind, the smartphones will feature a six-inch screen and high resolution to ensure that the student’s eyesight is not adversely affected.
The Uttar Pradesh government has committed to distributing 1 lakh tablets and smartphones to the eligible beneficiaries under its innovative scheme. The plan involves the provision of forty thousand tablets and sixty thousand cellphones. Priority will be given to students enrolled in the final year of academic programs like BA, BSc, ITI, MBBS, MD, BTech, Mtech, PhD, MSME, and various skill development courses.
A significant number of the devices will be sourced from government-affiliated companies such as Lava, Samsung, and Acer. In the inaugural phase of the project, orders amounting to approximately ₹2,035 crores were placed. According to data, the UP government ordered 10.50 lakh cellphones at a price of ₹10,740 per unit and 7.20 lakh tablets at ₹12,606 per unit.
For individuals interested in this free laptop for students in UP initiative, it’s highly recommended to register for the free smartphone and tablet distribution scheme via digishakthiup.in or the DigiShakti Mapper for UPDESCO app. Digi Sakthi does not provide a separate sign-in feature for students, thus it’s necessary to use your university identification number for registration.
How to Apply for Free Smartphone and Tablet Scheme
- navigate to the digishakthiup.in portal.
- Once there, choose your user type from a dropdown menu. This menu typically includes several user categories like:
- Additional Chief Secretary IID, UPDESCO
- Department categories (like Technical, Education, Higher Education, Medical Education, Vocational Education, among others)
- District Administration
- College/Institution/University Campus/Training Center
- District Industrial Commissioner.
- Following this, enter your user ID, password, solve the captcha, and click on the ‘sign-in’ button.
- The next step involves providing relevant information in the appropriate fields. You’ll receive an OTP for email and mobile verification.
- After verification, create your login ID and password.
- Provide the necessary information requested on the screen and complete the application.
In line with the plan proposed by the UP Government, students enrolled in graduation, BTech, polytechnic, medical, education, paramedicine, and skill development missions were the first recipients of these complimentary tablets and cellphones, with distribution commencing on 25th December.
Students Will Receive Laptops
The government of Uttar Pradesh has committed to distributing over 22 lakh free laptops to deserving and meritorious students passing classes 10 and 12. A six-member panel, under the guidance of the district magistrate, will select the beneficiaries for the UP Free Laptop Scheme based on academic merit.
Advantages and Characteristics of UP Free Laptop Yojana
In the modern world, education and technology have become closely intertwined. For example, the Covid-19 pandemic prompted most educational institutions to transition to online teaching, highlighting the need for digital access ,though not all students had the necessary resources. Initiatives such as the UP Free Laptop Yojana, which aim to provide free laptops, are laudable. This plan carries several advantages such as:
- It is expected to significantly enhance the education sector,
- With eligibility for laptop distribution, the range for academic performance should be between 65% to 70%.
- The scheme also aims to motivate students to achieve higher grades
- It’s benefits extends to students enrolled in polytechnic and ITI programs.
- The provision of laptops will foster more effective studying,
- Students in grades 10 and 12 will gain valuable exposure to technology.
- Above all, this initiative is designed to incentivize students to strive for better academic results.
The selection process for the UP Free Laptop Scheme
The UP Free Laptop Scheme ensures inclusivity, considering students from all backgrounds irrespective of their family circumstances or social class.
- The district magistrate heads the process, serving as the chairman of a six-person committee.
- This committee will compile a list of recognised academic institutions for the scheme’s implementation.
- Under the scheme, laptops will be procured through the GeM website, which has been designated as the nodal organization to carry out the program.
- The committee will determine the eligibility criteria for this initiative.
The eligibility criteria for the UP Free Laptop Scheme are as follows:
- The candidate must be a resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- The annual family income of the applicant should be less than ₹2 lakh.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a degree program, be pursuing postgraduate studies, or be involved in a diploma course in engineering, medicine, paramedicine, or skill development training.
- The minimal grades required for eligibility for the laptop distribution can range from 65% to 70%.
- The program also caters to students residing in other states, given that their parents work in Uttar Pradesh.
The laptops to be provided under the scheme come with a set of features, these includes:
- The Windows 10 operating system pre-installed, along with MS Office.
- Each laptop will have a storage capacity of 1TB and a RAM of 4GB.1
- A 14-inch LED display that boasts 220 nits brightness, these laptops are designed for optimal visibility.
- It usually weighs 1.5 kilograms and come with a power adapter.
- The laptops have an impressive battery life of up to 10 hours.
Necessary Documents required When applying for the UP Free Laptop Yojana:
- The Aadhar Card,
- A bonafide residence certificate,
- 10th and 12th standard mark sheets,
- a passport-sized photograph,
- And a valid mobile number.
The application process for the Laptop Yojana
- Visit the portal to.up.nic.in and locate the ‘UP free laptop yojana’ option in the main menu.
- Download the application form, fill it out accurately, and include all necessary details.
- Attach required documents, including your Aadhar card and 10th and 12th standard mark certificates.
- Submit this application to the administration of your school or institution for the UP free laptop yojana.
- The names of all successful applicants will be announced online.
The UP Free Laptop Scheme is available for students across various districts
Agra, Aligarh, Ambedkar Nagar, Amethi, Amroha, Auraiya, Azamgarh, Baghpat, Bahraich, Baliya, Balrampur, Banda, Barabanki, Bareilly, Basti, Bhadohi, Bijnor, Budaun, Bulandshahr, Chandauli, Chitrakoot, Deoria, Etawah, Faizabad, Farrukhabad, Fatehpur, Firozabad, Gautam Budh Nagar, Ghaziabad, Ghazipur, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Hamirpur, Hapur, Hardoi, Hathras, Jalaun, Jaunpur, Jhansi, Kannauj, Kanpur Dehat, Kanpur Nagar, Kashiram Nagar, Kaushambi, Kushinagar, Lakhimpur Kheri, Lalitpur, Lucknow, Maharajganj, Mahoba, Mathura, Mau, Meerut, Mirzapur, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Pilibhit, Pratapgarh, Prayagraj, Rae Bareli, Rampur, Saharanpur, Sant Kabir Nagar, Shahjahanpur, Shamli, Siddharthnagar, Sitapur, Subhadra, Sultanpur, Unnao, and Varanasi.
The free laptop for students in UP has a special focus on top-performing students. Several students excelled in their 10th standard exams.
Riya Jain topped the list with a percentage of 96.67, followed by Abhimanyu Verma (95.83%), Yogesh Pratap Singh (95.33%), and Shivani Verma (94.83%). Other top performers included Shobhit Kumar (94.83%), Anshika Baghel (94.67%), Nitish Kumar (94.67%), and Himanshu Vishwakarma (94.67%). More high-scoring students include Nishant Patel (94.50%), Deeksha Pandey (94.50%), Ujjwal Tomar (94.50%), Rishab Singh (94.50%), and Deepika (94.33%). This list recognizes the dedication and hard work of these young achievers.
Top Performers of the 12th Class and Their Percentages
On the list of 12th class top performers, we have Anurag Malik who topped the chart with a percentage of 97.00. Following him is Pranjal Singh with 96.00%, Utkarsh Shukla with 94.80%, and Vaibhav Dwivedi scoring 94.40%. Further down the list, we have students such as Aspiration (94.00%), Garima Kaushik (93.80%), Pooja Maurya (93.60%), Ankush Rathore and Manu Mishra sharing the same percentage of 93.00%, Keshav (92.80%), and Riddhima (92.60%). Please note, the results for 2023 are still awaited.
Checking the UP Free Laptop Yojana List
The official list for the UP Free Laptop Yojana has not been released. However, we can provide a general procedure on how to check for the list once it is made available. Residents of Uttar Pradesh should remain patient and check regularly to see if their names appear on the list for the UP Free Laptop Yojana.
Frequently Asked Questions about Free Laptop For Students in UP
How can one avail a free laptop from the UP Government?
One can apply for a free laptop under the UP Laptop Yojana 2021. The applicant needs to have a minimum of 65% in their 10th grade and 85% in their 12th grade. This scheme is open to both male and female students. Students who have been admitted to college are also eligible for this program.
Is the Uttar Pradesh Free Laptop Distribution Scheme legitimate?
Yes, the laptop distribution scheme in Uttar Pradesh is a legitimate program announced by the state government.
Can students with a score below 65% apply under the Uttar Pradesh Laptop Distribution Scheme?
No, students who have obtained less than 65% marks in their 10th and 12th grades are not eligible to apply.
How can one view the UP Free Laptop List?
To view the list, beneficiaries must visit the DG Sakti App or DG Sakti Portal. Then, they must search for the UP Free Laptop Yojana List 2021. They must select their district and college name, after which they can check for their names on the list of beneficiaries.
Who qualifies for the UP Laptop Yojana?
The UP Laptop Yojana offers free laptops to students who have achieved at least 65% in their 10th and 12th grades. The government has set aside a budget of ₹1800 crores for the UP Free Laptop Scheme.
We strongly recommend registering for the UP Free Laptop Yojana as early as possible. If you have any queries regarding the documentation process or need legal assistance, do reach out to Vakil Search. Our team comprises of experienced professionals who can guide you throughout the online application procedure.
The state government has not disclosed any information concerning the list of beneficiaries for now. Should any such list be released by the government, we assure you that we’ll provide all the necessary details.
According to recent reports, the government has not issued any new orders related to this scheme, and applications for the UP Free Laptop Scheme are not being accepted at this time. In case there are any changes in the future, we will make sure to keep you updated. You can also subscribe to our newsletter to receive regular updates from us.