The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a program run by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which helps families pay for the internet they need for things like jobs, school, and healthcare. This program offers up to $30 off the monthly internet bill for qualified homes, and up to $75 off for homes on Tribal lands. You can also enjoy discount on free laptop ACP program. This is a special one-time offer where you can get up to $100 off a laptop or desktop computer.
You only have to pay between $10 and $50 of the cost of the laptop. Each family can only get one discount on their monthly internet service and one discount on a device like a computer or tablet.
Free Laptop ACP Program Eligibility
To qualify, a family’s income must be 200% or less of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or a household member must meet one of these requirements:
- Received a Federal Pell Grant.
- Qualifies for a low-income internet program offered by an internet service provider.
- Living on Tribal lands and participating in specific programs, such as general assistance from the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Tribal TANF, food programs, and Tribal Head Start based on income.
- Participating in certain assistance programs, including:
- Free or reduced-price meals at school.
- SNAP (food assistance).
- Medicaid (healthcare assistance).
- Federal housing help, which includes various housing vouchers and public housing options.
- Programs specifically for American Indians, Alaska Natives, or Native Hawaiians.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Women, Infants, and Children program (WIC).
- Veterans pension or survivor benefits.
- Lifeline (another assistance program).
How to Apply for Free Laptop ACP Program
- Visit GetInternet.gov (AccedeaInternet.gov en español) to submit an application or print out a mail-in application.
- Contact any participating provider to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
Some providers may ask you to complete an alternative application. Remember, if eligible, you will qualify for the free laptop ACP program that gets you a discount for a laptop.
How ACP Protects Consumers
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has set rules to help people who get help from the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
- You can pick the internet service plan that works best for you, including the plan you are already using.
- Everyone can get internet service through ACP, even with a bad credit history.
- Internet providers can’t reject people who want to join ACP just because they owe money or have debt from before.
- A service provider cannot push you into plans that are either expensive or not as good, just to get ACP benefits.
- You don’t have to pay a fee if you decide to stop the internet service early.
- You don’t get unexpectedly high bills or face other money problems because of their internet service.
- With ACP help, you can change your internet provider or the kind of internet service you have whenever you want to.
You can file a complaint with the FCC if you have issues with ACP enrollment.
Which Internet Service Providers Participate in ACP?
Many internet companies are joining the Affordable Connectivity Program. This program is designed to help make internet services more affordable. You can look up which internet companies in your area are part of this program.
Read also: Free Laptops for Pensioners