If you need money to help pay for a new or refurbished laptop, and you study at the Colorado Technical University (CTU), then you are one step closer to getting that PC. Thanks to the Colorado Technical University free laptop grant, you can get grant money for a laptop to aid your studies. Laptops are generally expensive, especially for a student.
CTU can also help you figure out all the different ways you can get grants through their Financial Aid Advisors. This will only come in handy if you can’t secure a grant with CTU to buy a laptop.
Does Colorado Technical University Give Laptops?
Yes, Colorado Technical University gives laptop grants. These grants are given to students who need the money to get a laptop for their studies but can’t afford it. This means if you don’t have a lot of money and need help paying for a laptop, you could get a grant.
Colorado Technical University Free Laptop Grant
As explained earlier, these grants will help you pay for a new or refurbished laptop. However, Colorado Technical University free laptop grants are mostly given to students who don’t have enough money. Since it’s a grant, you do not pay back the money.
If you want a federal grant, the first thing to do is fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. This form asks about your money situation. The government uses your answers to figure out an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number. This number is what the government thinks you and your family can pay.
Your EFC number helps decide if you can get a Federal Pell Grant. They look at this number and other things, like if you’re going to school full-time or part-time, to make this decision.
Remember, there are more grants than just federal ones. You can also find grants from states, different organizations, colleges, and even specific ones for U.S. Armed Forces members and their families. CTU also offers several grants for students who qualify and are interested. Some of these grants include:
Colorado Community College Partnership in Education Grant
Colorado Technical University (CTU) has set up a special deal for students from the Colorado Community College System (CCCS).
If you’ve finished a two-year associate’s degree at one of the CCCS colleges, you can go for a bachelor’s degree at CTU. Those who qualify for this transfer program get a discount on their tuition fees: 30% off for the third year and 20% off for the fourth year.
The Advantage Grant at CTU is for students who are performing well in their studies but are having a tough time because of personal problems or money issues.
If you are already studying at CTU, you need to be doing well in your classes to get this grant. For someone who is just starting, you should have had good grades at your last school. This grant can give you up to $500 to help with your program costs. Here, you have $500 you can put into buying a new or refurbished laptop for your studies. You can get cheaper, discounted laptops from places like Apple and Dell.
Degree Completion Grant
The Degree Completion Grant is for people who studied at CTU but didn’t complete their degree. If you’re almost done with your degree (like, you have just a few classes left), you might be able to get $1,000. This grant is to help you come back and finish what you started.
For associate degree programs, you need to be within 14 quarter hours of finishing, for bachelor’s degrees, it’s 27 quarter credit hours, and for master’s degrees, you need just 8 quarter credit hours left to complete your degree.
Plan Your Education
The CTU Financial Aid Advisors are ready to help you find out about different grants and scholarships that you might be able to get. They are all set to help you every step of the way as you apply for financial aid.
CTU Program for McDonald’s Students Requirements
The CTU Program for McDonald’s Students has specific requirements for students who want to join:
- You need to apply to the University and get accepted. This program is entirely online, so you’ll study from wherever you are.
- You must work at McDonald’s. This includes working in restaurants owned directly by McDonald’s or those run by independent franchisees of McDonald’s.
- You need to have documents that show you graduated high school or have an equivalent qualification.
- Before starting, you must have all your financial aid sorted out and approved.
- You need to keep up good grades and performance in your studies, known as Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Every three months, you have to show proof that you’re still working at McDonald’s.
- If you’re eligible, it’s a good idea to apply for the tuition assistance provided by McDonald’s to help with your education costs.
CTU Program for McDonald’s students components
- CTU Program for McDonald’s Students Grant
- CTU Connection Grant (if eligible)
- Complimentary Laptop
CTU Program for McDonald’s Students Grant
- Students at CTU (Colorado Technical University) can get a 43% discount on their online classes. This applies to all levels: Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral.
- The Technology and Graduation fees are not charged thanks to the CTU Connection Grant.
- To be eligible, students must complete all the necessary financial aid paperwork, including the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), before their first class starts.
- Students need to be up-to-date with any payments they have to make to keep getting this grant in the future.
- The grant is given out each term if there is enough money available.
- This grant is only for undergraduate students, which means only those doing their associate and bachelor’s degrees can get it.
- Students must take at least 12 credits per academic quarter at CTU to qualify.
- The grant amount you receive will be adjusted based on any other gift aid you’re getting (e.g. federal/state financial aid grants, employer tuition assistance, etc.)
- Also, you can use this grant together with the benefits from the Post 9/11 GI Bill® if you’re eligible for them. This means if you’re a veteran or qualify for the GI Bill® benefits, you can combine that with the CTU grant to help pay for your education.
- How much grant money you get depends on your family’s financial situation, which is calculated using the FAFSA Estimated Family Contribution (EFC):
- If your EFC is 0, you could get up to $3000, depending on your need.
- If your EFC is between 1 and the maximum amount allowed for a Pell Grant, you could get up to $1000, depending on your need.
Complimentary Colorado Technical University Free Laptop
- CTU will check if a student qualifies for the CTU Program for McDonald’s Students, as described earlier.
- CTU will choose the laptops and a separate company to send them out.
- CTU won’t pay for any extra software, equipment, add-ons, insurance, or services like internet that don’t come with the laptop.
- CTU won’t be responsible if any work on the laptop is lost or damaged. They also don’t guarantee the safety or backup of any data stored on it.
- CTU doesn’t offer any guarantees about the laptop, like whether it’s good quality or suitable for a certain use.
- CTU won’t be responsible if the laptop is lost, stolen, or damaged.
- A student can only get one laptop from the CTU Program for McDonald’s Students.
- Once the laptop is sent out, the student owns it and is responsible for anything that happens to it.
- The student must follow all local and national laws, especially those about copyright and intellectual property when using software on the laptop.
- The student might have to pay taxes for the laptop.
- The student must agree to and follow any rules, terms, or conditions related to the laptop and any software or apps that come with it.
Read also: Full Sail University Free Laptop